Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,624   Online: 707

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Smith
    I don't speak French but the English is really ambiguous.

"According to my current information, I can inform you that the Delta line (100/400/3200) and fp4 and hp5+ [I suppose he talks about fp4+ here, pm.] will be continued except for sheetfilm. PanF+ en SFX200 will disappear without doubt. The 120 roll films will continu their career."
    Tom, I see what you mean. I read his story this way: delta and fp4+ and hp5+ will continue to be produced in 35mm and 120, but not as sheet film anymore. Panf+ and SFX200 will disappear completely (any size of it).

I asked here awhile ago whether Pan F+ was available in sheet film: the answer was no - at least not for a few years.
    My supplier in Paris does not list panf+ in any sheet film format, only 35mm and 120. They do list other films until 20x25 / 8x10 sizes.

Is SFX200 available in sheet film too then?
    Not as far as I know.

If Pan F+ is going to disappear - is this in 35mm or sheet film, but not 120 roll film?
    PanF+ is going to disappear completely, any size of it. Again -- this is how I understand his words.

Bah! This is awful no matter what it means. I'm off to sulk for the weekend.
    Sorry for that. But remember, this is not an official Ilford announcement, Things can turn out different as well.

Paul.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    How do you say the F word in French?
    Merde !
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Images
    That's not the translation I learned!

Konical

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Depends upon wether you want the litteral translation or the functional one. When an American says F..., a Frenchman would say Merde ! If you want a litteral translation it's more like nique ! But no frenchman would use that word in this sense.

I think I've done enough cursing on this site now

G.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not significant in the big game, but I went to one of my local "privately owned" retailers today and got the last handful of his FP4+ and HP5+ (and I only mean a few rolls of each). Seems last time I was there I had the last of his Pan F.

He told me his not heard anything from Ilford and won't be ordering from them again until the outcome is known. If other retailers do this then things are not looking too good for Ilford whatever they decide

As I'm a regular customer he even threw in a couple of free rolls of TMAX 100 for me to try for an alternative in the future.

Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    According to ILFORD, whilst there has been a temporary supply 'blip' with film and paper, the intention is to continue to manufacture everything for as long as possible. The recent supply issue has arisen due to them having to agree new terms with customers and suppliers - this has taken a while to get in place, but apparently this is now sorted and it's "business as usual".
    With regard to items which may be discontinued - this will only happen once they can not physically make anymore (i.e. when supplies of materials have run out). So, for now it seems, the news is good!?

market surveys?

Kodak, Ilford, etc. must have made some quantitative assessments of the market to inform their business decisions - at least I want to believe they would have. How much B&W film and paper is sold annually? Those figures must exist somewhere. Are they publicly available? What have the trends been and what are the beancounters predicting for the next five to ten? That might give us a better sense of what to expect from vendors over the next few years.

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackandWhite40
    According to ILFORD, whilst there has been a temporary supply 'blip' with film and paper, the intention is to continue to manufacture everything for as long as possible. The recent supply issue has arisen due to them having to agree new terms with customers and suppliers - this has taken a while to get in place, but apparently this is now sorted and it's "business as usual".
    With regard to items which may be discontinued - this will only happen once they can not physically make anymore (i.e. when supplies of materials have run out). So, for now it seems, the news is good!?
    I've read the same posts from Les so I'm not the one that needs convincing, but if the retailers don't order it then I can't buy it Hopefully he's in the minority otherwise it means that their market is a decreasing one they may not have planned for. The TMAX100 is looking quite good (when I get use to it) and I can get it at the same price as the Ilfords.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Tony!
    Let us know how theTmax does in rodinal! Also, do you know if you can pull it to 50? I saw your comments about Delta 100, and I have to tell you that after testing it shot @ 50, I much prefer it there than @ 100...it's a wee bit testy at 100! haha

Jeanette
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I was in Calumet/Chicago today and they have no Ilford sheet fil. They are the US shipping warehouse..Evan

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin