Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,962   Online: 949

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used the Legacy Pro brown toner and Rapid Fixer. It's fine. But for many of their items the price difference is, well, quite small. If that matters to you it's a fine alternative. But if price really matters on hypo clear, but a bulk jar of sodium sulfite and mix your own. You probably won't get the scum Bob does. If you do, add other ingredients per above.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In comment #21 Ralph os talking about 20g per liter of water, whereas Bob Carnie, in comment #23 is talking about 200g/liter. That's a 10 to 1 difference in concentration. Which one is correct? It seems to me like the 20g/liter is correct for the working solution.

Maybe Bob's experience with the white scum is due to his using a much higher concentration.

I know this is an old thread, but I've been researching the idea of mixing my own HCA and throwing it away after the printing session whenever I do fiber prints.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    20 grams per liter is correct.
    It doesn't have to be very precise. Two tablespoons per liter will be just fine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin