Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,371   Online: 1102

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

How are Polaroid doing?

I have a feeling I'm really going to like the 665 polaroid negs, but am wondering how long they'll be around..

Images
    I thought polaroid was in trouble, or did they get out of it?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    They filed for bankruptcy a protection a couple years ago, but I haven't seen anything since hinting they were about to dry up.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Images
    I thought that I heard that Fuji was going to pick up Poloroid production. I assumed that was why 55 is still available years after the fact. I don't know, I'll watch for genuine information.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Polaroid has been in Chapter 11 about as long as I can remember. They are doing some coventures and I think they will be around for a while. People have been counting them out since about 1990 but they seem to stay around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I never understood why Polaroid didn't jump into digital in some big way - it would seem a natural evolution of instant pictures. Maybe they didn't have money by the time digital took over. If I were wanting to produce a digital camera, I'd talk seriously to Polaroid about licensing the name.
    juan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Use it while you can, I guess. Type 55 is a real ghost film--Polaroid in bankruptcy, Panatomic-X (the negative material) discontinued, and still it exists!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bank one ( the financial institution ) owns polaroid now.
    judging from the converstion i had with someone that works at polaroid ( a few weeks ago ) they are doing really well. ...

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i talked with a rep from Polaroid earlier in the year and they indicated they had been restructing, and got a new business partner (the bank) and felt very positive about the furture.

I know a lot of people in my area use a lot of their products, which of course doesn't mean much, but it seems to be holding it's own.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin