Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,981   Online: 834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adorama fiber base warmtone paper

Has anyone here used this paper?

It was my (possibly incorrect) understanding that Ilford was the actual maker of Adorama's photo papers. I notice Adorama has fiber base warmtone paper available. Does anyone know if it's the same as Ilford fiber WT?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I bought a pack recently and tried it on one print but was less than impressed. I did not feel it was the same as Ilford WT. But maybe I haven't given it a fair shake yet.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is no proof what-so-ever that Ilford is the maker of this or that 'store'
    brand film or paper. I think Kentmere, some contenintal, or perhaps underground
    USA operation is or are the suppliers. Also there are oriental sources. World wide
    there are likely a score or more suppliers of silver-gelatin films and papers. Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You get what you pay for... It's not always just the logo that is worth the extra money.

joe

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I think I gave Adorama WT a fair shake last weekend. There is no way it is the same paper as Ilford WT, nor even related to it. Its rather more like Agfa MCC 111 or Koadak Polymax Fine Art C.
    My Photography Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley
    I think I gave Adorama WT a fair shake last weekend. There is no way it is the same paper as Ilford WT, nor even related to it. Its rather more like Agfa MCC 111 or Koadak Polymax Fine Art C.
    I actually like Polymax C, but can't seem to get it here.
    Anybody know if it's still available Stateside
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting. The Adorama papers continue to be a mystery. Their MG RC paper is clearly different from Ilford MGIV - it has a different color when unprocessed and different speed and contrast. But when those last two differences are compensated for, the end result is indistinguishable from the branded paper.

My understanding is that Acugrade Warmtone is Fomatone MG

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    I actually like Polymax C, but can't seem to get it here.
    Anybody know if it's still available Stateside
    Mark
    Doesn't look like it Mark. I checked both Adorama and B&H. Neither one had it listed. I bought mine early last spring. Guess that was the last time.
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I printed on this paper for the first time tonight. It definately isn't Ilford WT, but I liked what I got out of it. It's definately a warmer paper than the Ilford WT when developed in Neutol WA.

It toned beautifully in Berg Selenium toner, including shades of browns and almost-purples depending on the time in the toner. I'm going to spend more time with this paper next week to see how it reacts to some other toners. (I specifically bought this paper in the hopes that it would tone more easily than the Ilford, and I think I got what I wanted.)
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin