Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,293   Online: 1144

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    There are a variety of books available with several people mentioning some helpful ones, you might also looked at a book by Bahman Farzad "The Confused Photographer's Guide to Photograhic Exposure and the Simplified Zone System". Several of my students have found this book helpful with its diagrams to clear up the "fog" that can arise from reading about this method. It is more difficult to read than to do.

As a rule of thumb i suggest to my students that they shoot a roll at half the ISO and the other half at the recommended ISO. Then we print an image from each to get a sense of how their equipment is performing with regard to the ISO standards.
    I have that book, and it is helpful in many exposure situations. Shooting a roll at half ISO and the recommended ISO is a great idea that I used in high school (back in the middle ages). Just by doing that alone can make a difference in exposure quality.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    IMHO the best book dealing with the zone system at this moment is "Way beyond monochrome".

G.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin