Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,632   Online: 1137

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Image setter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    So I'm wondering of image setters are not antiquated due to direct to plate presses? There are also printing presses that have a process similar to Xerox that use special inks instead of toner.
    It feels like a conspiracy. Whatever could be of use for traditional photography is being antiquated. I need to order some more chemicals.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Me to!

Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    It feels like a conspiracy. Whatever could be of use for traditional photography is being antiquated. I need to order some more chemicals.
    I'm ordering some more chemicals also. Chemicals are just chemicals. An image setter or most digital devices are rendered useless if there's no software to drive the device. How many of us have digital devices that were obsoleted because there wasn't a software update for it? In the analog realm, there's no such thing. That's why I love analog photography. It will be the same 50 years from now. It's my hope that there will be analog photography practitioners in 50 years. It does look hopeful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin