Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,720   Posts: 1,483,130   Online: 1243

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Rodinal is universal and practical. Both are good things to be.

I haven't used it in years. Back in the 70's, I used it with 35mm Tri-X, mixed with sodium sulfite. It's been 20-odd years but I still remember the standard mixture: 2/3 coffee scoop (it didn't have to be precise) of sulfite per 8 ounces of water with 1:75 Rodinal for 11 1/2 minutes at 70 degrees. Using a condenser enlarger, the negatives printed beautifully on Kodabromide #3, Medalist #3 and Portriga Rapid #2 or #3 (sometimes).

The whole process was connected at each step and it was standardized for my methods. Rodinal fit well into this standardized process--it was consistent, it was reliable and it was available. I changed my standard process when it became less locally available. Now I use D76. It's also consistent, reliable and available as well as universal and practical.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Ehrm... You do know that the Rodinal sold today is not the same as the original? AGFA's version has been changed several times - Calbe R09 is the only one following the original recipe.
    ¨

I know, but it sounded so good :-)

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    ¨

I know, but it sounded so good :-)

Ah! A real commercial text!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Ah! A real commercial text!
    I vote for Morten as the next Chief Exec of Agfa to ensure a lifetime supply of Rodinal for world peace

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Someone said tha HC-110 is similar to Rodinal, I assume you mean at high dilution, having used both HC-110 dil H (1/2 of B) and Rodinal 1:100 to try and tame streetlights in my night cityscapes, I find Rodinal to produce much more attractive results. MUCH

Rodinal rocks. I will still be using a stockpile of it to develop my frozen roll of Arial Plus-X when digi vidio cameras are Happy Meal toys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin