Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,686   Online: 741

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    verso is not fancy language, it is the correct term. We need to use the proper Language to Communicate Intelligently

How about just turn the dial to a thinie, so the dodad is correct. How would we be able to discuss fstop /shutter speeds in that manner?
    You win at the internet today.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by vpwphoto View Post
    I agree without the fancy language. I sign the back in pencil, I emboss some prints with my name and city, or I sign the mat of framed prints.
    I don't think I sounded dumb... just offering a perspective from the streets. I knew what verso meant, just being cheeky... er um a smart arse.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    You win at the internet today.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just be careful when signing the back of a print it doesn't telegraph through.

I like a softer pencil to sign the backs but rarely ever give or sell those. I generally matt n frame so I sign the matt on the left bottom with a date n maybe a theme or location on the right if it's called for.

I often wondered if there is a proper protocol for signing archival prints?

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    How about just turn the dial to a thinie, so the dodad is correct. How would we be able to discuss fstop /shutter speeds in that manner?
    That's not what verso means. I looked it up. You're talking about the whatsit on the thingy for how shiny it is.

In the matter of language just remember that cactuses is now grammatically correct.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I refuse to use two or even one ' in spelling the word resume.
    We don't use accents in English, at least the English I was taught in the 1970's.
    I used to like to speak in an erudite manner but found it off-putting to the people I enjoy cordial discourse with most frequently and with great regularity.

Now let's start a thread about numbering editions...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No need for a lengthy discussion on limited editions without reading this first:

http://www.dpandi.com/essays/jensen.html
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    No need for a lengthy discussion on limited editions without reading this first:

http://www.dpandi.com/essays/jensen.html
    I would love to read it, but their site has serious issues. It will load only half the header and freeze.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are putting a print into a judged competition you shouldn't sign it anywhere so that if it wins the judges can't be accused of favouritism. I have seen cases where competition entry s have been disqualified because the photographers name was on the front of the mount.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use spray paint on mine!

Jeff

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin