Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,983   Online: 779

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Starting times for J&C 100

I just got my order of j&c pro 100 and was wondering if anyone had worked out any times for this film in pyrocat-hd? Just looking for a starting point so I don't start out way out in left field. I'll be using 120, and processing by inversion. Even though pyrocat has become my primary developer, I also keep a bottle of DD-X around that I ussually use with FP-4 and tend to prefer it over pyrocat for low contrast scenes (it seems to produce nicer mid-tone seperation, to my eye anyway). So I was hoping someone might have tried this combination and might have some thoughts on it, or starting times to share. Thanks very much.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never used pyrocat but JandC web site has developing times as as starting point.

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...on=Custom&ID=2

The times are for 2:2:100. Is that the common dilution?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    I've never used pyrocat but JandC web site has developing times as as starting point.

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...on=Custom&ID=2

The times are for 2:2:100. Is that the common dilution?
    That dilution would be for alt process or Azo.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did see the chart with the suggested times, but unfortunately there isn't a time for j&c 100 in pyrocat, it's a blank spot in the chart. I'll have a little while tomarrow to spend in the darkroom, so I'll see how it goes. I'll post the results I come up with. One thing I did notice this morning when I went out and shot a couple test rolls (some exposures of a gray card, and a view out my window), is that the film doesn't seem to wind very tightly on the take up spool. The test roll of fomapan 100 I shot at the same time wound tightly, not sure if this might have anything at all to do with the film or it just happened that I might not have gotten the paper onto the take-up spool well on that partucular roll.

Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pwitkop
    I did see the chart with the suggested times, but unfortunately there isn't a time for j&c 100 in pyrocat, it's a blank spot in the chart.

Peter
    Assuming the 1:1:100 dilution of Pyrocat-HD with rotary processing at 72 degrees F you might try a time of about 7 minutes for graded silver papers and 10 minutes for VC papers. This should give you that will print ok on a silver graded #2 paper or on VC paper without a filter.

For tank development add about about 15-20% to the above times.

Sandy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin