Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,386   Online: 1045

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    or wait until the next day to allow the dissolved O2 in the water to do its thing.
    Hmm, I guess this is lost on me. Care to elaborate?

I've never used a powder developer right after mixing, but have used HC-110 in that way.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Hmm, I guess this is lost on me. Care to elaborate?

I've never used a powder developer right after mixing, but have used HC-110 in that way.
    I think for powders, a break apart plastic container might work better, so you have a two part sealed plastic container, just large enough to hold the chemicals needed, you twist it and it comes apart drop the whole thing into your container swirl it around, fish the plastic bits out, and use the chemistry. By the same token, it would be possible to have two parts to it, where they combine when it breaks apart.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Even better than tablet would be small single-serve packets, like ketchup packets, of HC110 or similar liquid developer. I would package 10mL so that you can easily mix up 50:1 with 500mL of water.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "that's not bromo-seltzer, its dektol !"
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The standard Kodak amateur developer was a tube of M-Q Elon Quinol developer tablets. 'M-Q' was a standard developer from many companies, usually in two tablets, the second containing the 'activator' (carbonate, one presumes).

The product was succeeded by the 'Tri-Chem' pack of three foil packets that made up 8 oz of developer, stop and fix - enough for developing and contacting a standard amateur roll of 616 film.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Some friends and I spent the better part of our sophomore year trying to make Beer Fizzies. We never succeeded. Still seems like a good idea, though.

-30-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    "that's not bromo-seltzer, its dektol !"

Thats the best on ever...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Developer tablets came and went. They were not popular AFAIK. I also don't remember any outstanding qualities of these tablets.

FRISK is not a developer. Neither Menthol nor Phenol are developers, in fact, they are weak cyan couplers. The developer in the referenced thread will develop without the FRISK.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Even better than tablet would be small single-serve packets, like ketchup packets, of HC110 or similar liquid developer. I would package 10mL so that you can easily mix up 50:1 with 500mL of water.
    I have actually thought about doing this. Those little "essential oils" bottles are readily available, not very expensive if you buy a case of them, and are frankly quite good little bottles. Spend an afternoon filling a bunch of little bottles, and you've got easy to use premeasured chemicals that are stored in full bottles.

In case the little bottles don't hold exactly 10 ml, so what if you're dilution comes out at 1:47 or 1:56 instead of 1:50? If you're using individualized development times you've determined by testing, this slight dilution change will be accounted for in your time standard.

Of course, it assumes one shot use.

MB
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if it would be much help having pre-mixed powdered developers in tablet form instead of pouch form, but having individual ingredients that way would be nice. A huge gel tablet of 100 g of sodium sulfite (or 10 smaller ones of 10 g each), or 1 g and 5 g tablets of metol or hydroquinone, for instance. 10 g of potassium bromide would be a helpful one, as would 10 g of sodium carbonate.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin