Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,855   Online: 1094

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Japanese developer help.

hello guys.
    ive been looking around for awhile but i cant get enough information in diluting and dev time when using japanese developer like super prodol and microfine.i want to start developing b/w.but only those developer i can get right now and i dont speak or read japanese.help??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Seadebris!

I live in Japan but unfortunately I don't read or speak Japanese well so I've been avoiding the Fuji developers...still stick with Kodak and Ilford (mostly because I like them). There are a few other Apuggers in Japan however, so maybe one of them will chime in with more specifics.

Edit: a quick search on google revealed some info, here's one link to try: click

Another here on APUG: click

Massive Development Chart: click

(Seriously, check out the Massive Development Chart at Digitaltruth -- put in your film and developer combination and you should get some good starting points).
    Last edited by mooseontheloose; 05-08-2011 at 08:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    Welcome to APUG Seadebris!

I live in Japan but unfortunately I don't read or speak Japanese well so I've been avoiding the Fuji developers...still stick with Kodak and Ilford. There are a few other Apuggers in Japan however, so maybe one of them will chime in.

Edit: a quick search on google revealed some info, here's one link to try: click
    thanks!the developer available locally are only id 11 and some unknown chinese chemical.ive been looking some pictures developed with fuji super prodol and microfine and i love the results

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use Super-Prodol every so often. It's quite simple to use - what kind of trouble were you having?
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks!the developer available locally are only id 11 and some unknown chinese chemical.ive been looking some pictures developed with fuji super prodol and microfine and i love the results.

I've seen some nice examples as well -- I may start experimenting more in the future when my current stock of D-76, Xtol, and Rodinal run out.
    Rachelle

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by IloveTLRs View Post
    I use Super-Prodol every so often. It's quite simple to use - what kind of trouble were you having?
    im going to get one.thats why im trying to find some information before using it.how do you dilute it?would you share the developing time?thanks !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it would probably help to say which films you intend on using with it.
    Rachelle

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I think it would probably help to say which films you intend on using with it.
    tmax 400 and some fuji acros.thanks for mentioning though

Shooter
    35mm
    The only place I have seen it advertised is a outfit called "Japan Exposures"
    http://www.japanexposures.com/

It is very hard to even find any Black and white info on the various Fuji Sites.

On possible lead is it is mentioned on the various Fuji Film datasheets (Neopan 400 etc.)
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Fuji's datasheet for Neopan Acros 100 is available on the web. Here is the link:

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bi...anAcros100.pdf

This gives development times for Acros in Microfine - don't remember if it lists Prodol. It took my a long time to find this link, but didn't do me any good since Microfine doesn't seem to be available here in the USA
    [FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][/FONT]Chuck B

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin