Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,800   Online: 1165

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like you are asking something pretty simple, like using the midpoint of the slide density as an average factor. That would easily be estimated by D-max minus (base+fog). For example, if your base+fog is perhaps 0.01 and the D-max of the slide film is 2.0, try 1.0, which would be close to 3 stops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Sounds like you are asking something pretty simple, like using the midpoint of the slide density as an average factor.
    Precisely!

Using the characteristic curve link included in first post, can you confirm or amend my calculation? I arrived at about 5.5 stops.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by holmburgers View Post
    Precisely!

Using the characteristic curve link included in first post, can you confirm or amend my calculation? I arrived at about 5.5 stops.
    That curve is a little funky (not giving the total density). Other sources put the D-max around 3.5 to 4. So I would agree with your numbers. So 5.5 stops more exposure than the incident meter seems like a reasonable place to center you initial test strips. You used the flat disk on the meter right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually.... I actually took a reading of a grey card on the baseboard, with my spot meter as close to the axis of the lens. It's not particularly precise, but should in theory give the same reading.

Thanks though, I'll report back once I do this.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin