Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,149   Online: 901

Shooter
    35mm

how soon after mixing d-76 do you suggest using it?

do some of you guys let it sit over night? Or do you use it the same day you mix it?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're mixing the powder into stock solution, you can use it immediately, and the stock solution will last about six months bottled. If you're diluting the stock solution 1:1 or some other dilution, however, I wouldn't trust it very long.
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    35mm
    Some people say that D76 has different activity right after mixing and that you should let it 'rest' a day or something after mixing.

This is why you should ditch D76 and use Xtol instead. It's better, and dissolves easier too.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Years ago the conventional wisdom was to let any developer sit overnight. If you have hard water a bit of crud will usually precitate out when you do this. This is particularly true with print developers.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You should leave it overnight, or at least a few hours, you should not use it immediately. It takes time for a developer to settle & stabilise after mixing.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Crap. Now I'm gonna have to wait 'til tomorrow for the Mother's Day pix.

Thanks a whole bunch, Ian

Charley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I always thought that you use it after 24 hours after you mix it.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    I usually wait overnight because I mix it with hot water (otherwise it's more difficult to dissolve) and I'd like it to cool down to room temperature before using it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin