Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,292   Online: 1214

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just two pieces of matte board.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    If you heat up the gelatin it will start to take on the texture of the surface you are pressing it against.

Look for some release paper. It's not going to completely solve your problem, but it will help.

How are you drying your prints? Face down on a fiberglass or plastic window screen works well to keep them from curling as well as squeegeeing the prints out of the rinse.

Humidity in the air will have an effect on the curl as well.

Take a look at this... http://www.freestylephoto.biz/928-Se...-yds.?sc=24100
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Drying on a Premier dryer. It doesn't dry flat enough. I don't have window screens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Anyone have any suggestions for a steamer? Would a clothes steamer do the job? Suggestions?

I would like to get more gloss, but I really don't want to ferrotype. Too time consuming.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Won't steaming curl the print again though?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mat board
    Release Paper
    Print
    Mat Board
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    here's a suggestion to try, but you might want to experiment first of course: You can wax your prints to get a sheen back on them (after flattening them) and also protect them somewhat.....I have used turtlewax, but there is probably something more appropriate.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions for a steamer? Would a clothes steamer do the job? Suggestions?

I would like to get more gloss, but I really don't want to ferrotype. Too time consuming.
    I use a kitchen kettle.

Be careful, the steam is hot!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took a second look at the prints, and it's the old prints that exhibit this problem, so may be it's more due to handling and not flattening.

If I am going to be steaming prints, I guess if there will be too much condensate, the print will have to be dried and flattened again?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a light steaming. Only a small amount of moisture. John Sexton even does it with prints that are already mounted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin