Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,318   Online: 831

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the developer you choose doesn't quite do it for you it's handy to have a variable sepia toning kit. With different dilutions and sequences of bleach and toner (or combining it with selenium toning and others) you can get a huge variety of warm to dark brown/purple effects and you may find it an interesting means of interpreting more negatives. Also you can do it in day light and it gives your print archival protection. I have developed Ilford RC Pearl Warmtone in Eukobrom (a neutral to cold developer) and sepia and selenium toned for some very delicate 'sandy' highlights and rich 'cool chocolate' shadows, for instance.
    I know this wasn't the question, but with so many developer's being suggested, choosing one may not produce the OP's hoped for effect
    Regards, Mark Walker.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ilford Warmtone RC in pearl has been my standard paper for more than five years. I have used it with Photogapher's Formulary liquid - I don't remember the name - and for the past year with Sprint's liquid 1:9. It tones nicely with selenium. A wonderful paper. If you don't like your first results, try another developer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin