Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,660   Online: 826

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For example, Verhooven is one of them and he will be with the new board.

Some others have dedicated their personal wealth to the company (besides the money coming from external investors), after all it is a managment buyout...
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    For example, Verhooven is one of them and he will be with the new board.

Some others have dedicated their personal wealth to the company (besides the money coming from external investors), after all it is a managment buyout...
    Thanks for this post..I have been wondering when someone would point out that it was a management buyout!! Personally, I think that if they are serious (and they did put their own money on the line) that we may soon see Agfa as the STRONG film maker out of the shakeups that are occurring. They have a good product and many people love some current and older products. Let's think positive thoughts for a change and I for one will not be sorry if they do well. No bad wishes for Ilford or any of the other companies, but with two separate threads this week about NEW film cameras, why not have hope that film is alive and doing well...

Here's wishing you all your favorite emulsion/paper are here for a long, long time.
    Mike C

Rambles

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just returned from Photokina - no sad news about Rollfilm 120. They still make it.

Roman
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks rjr, good to know the rumors are being corrected.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    Just returned from Photokina - no sad news about Rollfilm 120. They still make it.

Roman
    They no longer list it on their websites, maybe they are selling the remaining stock.

In this case there is a very similar film to APX100 available from Kodak unfortunately a stop slower their 50 ISO - Tmax 100, they recommend 50 ISO for best tonality. Having used APX100 & Tmax 100 for many years after initial zone system tests I found the same speed differance I have happily switched between the two getting images that sit perfectly alongside each other

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ian,

not? What is this?

http://www.agfa.com/photo/products/p.../film/agfapan/

APX100 price is currently on an alltime low in Germany, I can get the stuff for less than 1,84EUR per roll in 120 - cheaper than anything but Fomapan100, even Lucky stuff is more expensive.

I could find no indication that production is discontinued, the fresh datasheets were on stock at the booth and that rumour isn´t even topic in the german community (including de.rec.fotografie and several fori). I spent the days in Cologne with someone who actually used to work for Agfa and he was in contact with his former colleagues - he had no clue nor indication from them.

If it is limited to the Netherlands I know who I may ask there and I´ll contact him immediatly. But I somewhat doubt there is any credibility to that.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "They no longer list it on their websites"

They still show it on their product webpages:

Here
    and
    Here
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ehm. Too fast, too tired. You are right, there is no mentioning of type 120 on the website. But they don´t mention any format sizes on it.

Only if you download the spec sheet you´ll see them listed.

The Email to the Netherlands is on the way and should be at least half en route. ;-)

I don´t give any rumour any credibility until I see a red rhombus right on top of the letter. <g>

Roman
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am afraid that the datasheet on the Agfa website does not mean much according to my experience with Agfa (i.e. their website). If you visit Agfa website frequently enough last few years, Agfa APX 25 datasheet was there MANY months after they killed the production of it. That PDF file for APX 25 was probably took off early 2003 or in 2002 from their website.

Right now after reading and searching all internet I can only find one place (photo.net) , one people posted the news. But he did give the source of this news. If anyone is in that country how about just call this guy to verify it?

If I have time to kill tomorrow I will call a few distributor friends here in USA to see if anyone knows. Though I don't even need to worry about it - already got enough Agfa 120 films lasting many years. The batch of Agfa 120 I bought have 2009 dating. Should be produced in 2004. If it is THE last batch and is part of the available stock, I am pretty lucky.
    Last edited by bwfans; 10-04-2004 at 09:25 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This technical data sheet in Agfa Hongkong's website still includes APX 25. Will they revive APX 25?

http://www.agfa.com.hk/ci/downloads/Agfa%20Range%20of%20Films%20(Professional).pdf

Sorry! Someone did not update the datasheet. This datasheet in Agfa's main website does not have APX 25 any more:

http://www.agfa.com/photo/pdf/products/F-PF-E4_en.pdf

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin