Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,878   Posts: 1,520,331   Online: 1220

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Williams
    "They no longer list it on their websites"

They still show it on their product webpages:

Here
    and
    Here
    Well I don't dispute that.

It is quite possible that Agfa aren't importing it in the UK any more, if it is still being produced. See this link:
    http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-...?msg_id=0081M5

Also the Agfa Data sheet is over 14 months old

But I think there was a press article here about Agfa cutting their range still further, and I seem to remember that left just one flm in 120 which was a basic colour neg film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe it's time to put this to bed and have an end to all the rumors. I wrote Agfa yesterday. Here is text of my message:

"I keep hearing that your Black and White APX films in 120 format will be
    discontued. Is this true? How long will it be in production?
    Thank you
    Dean Williams"

Here is the reply from Agfa as of today (10-05-04):

"Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you for your mail.
    Agfa does not plan to discontinue the APX 120 films.

It is possible that certain products will no longer be sold in individual countries. This is
    decided by the local Agfa sales organisations or representatives.

Best regards
    bruno"

There. Take a breath and go make some Photographs!
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I don't think I've heard any mention of Agfa's new high speed emulsion technology.
    As I understand it they hold the patents. Perhaps they will soon be introducing
    an entirely new line-up of films. I'd think they would be first, they holding
    the patents. Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called one of my friend that sells Agfa films here in USA today. He haven't heard of discontinuation of 120 films in USA yet.

(And he offered me tons of APX 120 and I rejected . )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank You Dean!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Dean, I rest my case the UK has never been a good market for Agfa, it's all Ilford mainly and Kodak for B&W film, although Agfa have a toe hold in the B&W paper market, coming 2nd to Ilford.

I've had problems recently as the no of Agfa stockists has dropped to the mainly mail order & online stores.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From what Bruno says, is seems that if you can't get the Agfa products in your region you need to talk it over with the rep. Jump on 'em like a duck on a June bug!!

Something else comes to mind here, Re: Agfa. Bruno answered my email in less than 24 hours. Maybe they're paying attention. Hopefully...
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dancqu
    I don't think I've heard any mention of Agfa's new high speed emulsion technology.
    As I understand it they hold the patents. Perhaps they will soon be introducing
    an entirely new line-up of films. I'd think they would be first, they holding
    the patents. Dan
    I'm becoming discouraged. Still no mention. Somebody's uncle or
    cousine or friend there of must be close to Agfa. Dan

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Williams
    From what Bruno says, is seems that if you can't get the Agfa products in your region you need to talk it over with the rep. Jump on 'em like a duck on a June bug!!
    I just got a reply from the late working Markus Ludwig, head of "Global Marketing BL Film".

120 is in production and will stay in production. With the new company starting from 01.11.2004 they are no plans to stop production of any kind of film or paper nor chemistry, but they will adjust in details - he told me that APX100 in 135/24 will be axed in favour of the large volume selling APX100 in 135/36.

He didn´t refer to local decisions on distributor level - but I guess they will sort them out once being independent and depending on the money.

Something else comes to mind here, Re: Agfa. Bruno answered my email in less than 24 hours. Maybe they're paying attention. Hopefully...
    Here is was less than 36h - and going to the right guy on top level immediatly. Impressive.

Guess my next buy will be a big brick of APX100/120. ;-)
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    120 is in production and will stay in production. With the new company starting from 01.11.2004 they are no plans to stop production of any kind of film or paper nor chemistry,
    Thanks rjr this is one very excellent news indeed, and for a while, only get bad news.

Only wish Ilford bw film and paper will have a good buyer - that will keep the production of the films, even the profit is slim.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin