Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,881   Posts: 1,520,510   Online: 823

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Agfa APX 100 & 400 120 Discontinued?

Just read from photo.net. Agfa APX 120, both 100 and 400, seems gone.
    Content of email from Agfa:

"Unfortunately I have no better news, the 120 format will disappear from our range. There is still stock and APX can be kept for a long time. To cover yourself, maybe freezing in is an option. With kind regards, Folke van der Meulen, Agfa Gevaert."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right. Let them keep their stock and give them the freezing shoulder. high time to look for a manufacturer that still sees a future in (120) film. I'd suggest Foma or Forte.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans
    "Unfortunately I have no better news, the 120 format will disappear from our range. There is still stock and APX can be kept for a long time. To cover yourself, maybe freezing in is an option. With kind regards, Folke van der Meulen, Agfa Gevaert."
    Plain speak translation .... we have decided it's not profitable to make anymore, so why not take it off our hands so we can use the space for something else?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I haven't bought any agfa apx in a while. Since I started getting the jandc pro 100, why bother paying for more? I like the film (120 size) and to be honest, I can't tell the difference too much. There will always be other film makers out there.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    There will always be other film makers out there.
    From your lips to Kodak's ears!

Eric, I think the point of all this is that we are witnesses to a death march.
    When there are only 1 or two film makers out there, and they are constantly raising the price to see just how serious the 120 (or 35, or sheet film) market is, then we'll all arrive at the funeral together. Have you tried to buy new flash bulbs recently?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    True true. Perhaps, when all is gone, my Jandc 100 will costs as much as Kodak/Ilford stuff. Flash bulbs....not recently

Who knows! Maybe there will be a backlash. I sometimes read about people who bought digital and then they get reminded of KR64 or B&W they did "back when" and they bought film gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope this news isn't true, because APX 100 is my favorite film ever. I guess I need to start stocking up eh? Good thing I just got a paycheck, that might get me 100-200 rolls of the b&w gold. I guess I also need to try the J and C pro 100. I've tried the Forte and wasn't very impressed with it (really bad curling). I'm gonna' go cry in the corner now... -Grant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also, I have a quick question... what is "closer" to APX 100? Foma 100 or JandC 100? JandC is having a Photokina sale, so I figured it seemed like a good time to try some of those films. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. -Grant

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have just browsed through photo.net and found nothing like that (nothing new, that is...). Could you give us a link?

I doubt it is true - they´d leave such a decision to the new managment and that starts the job only in late November.

No matter what, I´ll ask the guys at the Photokina this Friday.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    OK, I found it. The topic line "APX100" didn´t catch my attention. ;-)

This reads exactly the same as the story when the swedish importer stopped importing Rollfilm 120 - one guy claimed "they stopped production, we can´t deliver anymore" when it should have read "people didn´t buy from us, we don´t bother to import it any longer and we need someone to blame for it".

I´ll keep my eyes open at the Agfa booth. ;-)
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin