Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,231   Online: 834

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP5 in C-41???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

HP5 in C-41???

I dropped a roll of HP5 at the local film shop and forgot to specify B&W processing...most of those places automatically print everything C-41 unless you tell them otherwise...

What do you think will be the result? I'm imagining completely opaque film of fogged images...

I'm praying that the technician sees the Ilford cassette and says, "stupid customer..." and processes properly anyway...

Any ideas? Ican't wait to get my darkroom set up...

<still banging forehed with palm of hand>

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Joey,
    HP5+ is a common enough film so they should notice unless they are illiterate. If they don't and they are then alas it will be mush and you will only get plastic back. Fingers crossed they can read. Sorry but you won't be the first or even the last.
    Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If they soup it in c41 you will have a very clear strip of celluloid. The bleach will remove everything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks like I'll be holding my breath till the weekend...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Give them a call and see if you can tell them it is a BW film and please do not screw up

Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    It looks like I'll be holding my breath till the weekend...
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've already tried the phone... they're closed for the day. I'll be on them first thin tomarrow..

I really didn't notice until I found the Kodak roll that I thought was in the processing envelope, smiling at me from the bottom of my camera bag, today....aaargh!
    Fixer scented Glade; for those that just can't leave the darkroom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good luck Joey, it will at least be a good test of how good the service is at your lab. As I said fingers crossed it works out OK and let us know at the weekend. All the best Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got lucky. Film was developed properly despite my best efforts to the contrary.

My disappointment in the photos can now only be attributed to my own lack of expertise...not the developer's....
    Fixer scented Glade; for those that just can't leave the darkroom.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    My disappointment in the photos can now only be attributed to my own lack of expertise...not the developer's....
    Don't ya just hate that? Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Brian
    hi!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great to hear everything worked out Joey

Seem to remember that someone asked what happens if you want a film cross-processed by a lab (one of the posting lost moving to our new home). The answer is it should be a special processing instruction on the envelope and usually you pay extra for the privilege. Otherwise they should just process it in the correct soup and print as standard, which is what they did here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin