Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,714   Posts: 1,483,036   Online: 784

Thread: Cold Head ?

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cold Head ?

I have an Omega D2 that I've configured with a Zone VI cold light head. The light is a (W-45 cold bluish). I followed Picker's recommendation and placed a cc40Y filter. He mentions the light produces a grade 4 if used without the filter. With the filter it can be used with vc paper--polycontrast papers can then be used to change the contrast.

My question is, with the cc40y filter alone does (without polycontrast filters) anyone know what grade it prints?

BC

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right around a 2-1/2 from what I have seen with my Beseler 57MB & cold light head.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently bought the same cold light and have been doing alot of experimenting with VC filters and papers.

I have noticed using Kodak Polymax filters grade 0 to 3½ works perfectly with my Polymax FB paper. Without filters I render a grade 4. I have really learned to control my prints look with split filtering and am having a ball with it. I use the #1 as my highlight detailer at ƒ5.6 which I selectivly burn areas with, then 2 stops down without a filter using the same time to snap up my prints' contrast in other selective areas.

Experiment with it... you may discover something I missed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin