Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,282   Online: 929

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I know it's not what you asked but my all time favorite BW for 1600 is plain old Tri-X in Diafine. I often use it as an all around film when I may have a few shots on the roll that need the speed. Of course you have a deal on other cheap film and don't want to buy other developers which I totally understand but in case you want to try it some day there it is. Diafine lasts almost forever so the per roll price is very cheap.
    I was actually contemplating mixing my own on the cheap, and even going pyro. but the cine stock I have doesnt push well at all, so I kinda dropped the whole idea. But I've heard good things about Diafine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Freestyle only has it in gallons now, for about ten bucks. I did see the quart size but for more than the gallon cost at Freestyle. They say it doesn't wear out but I used to see it degrade some after about 70 rolls - in a quart. Just pour back in the bottle and keep using it as long as you avoid getting any B solution into the A. The other way round hurts nothing and happens in the normal use since you don't rinse between A and B. Cheap enough to try and even cheaper to keep using I'd you like it.

Oh, when I tried TMY and TMX in Diafine I didn't care for it. Not nearly the speed boost of conventional films and didn't really like the look either. TMY is my favorite film in 4x5 but I prefer T-Max RS for it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    A while back, I pushed Tmax 400 and Tri-X (400) to 1600 and processed it with XTOL using published figures. I also exposed Delta-3200 at EI 1600 and processed it as if exposed at EI 2400.
    I did the same thing at some point, but used TMZ instead of Delta 3200. I found similar results. The TMY and Tri-X had VERY similar speeds and results. TMY was obviously finer grained. I also found that both of them had less grain than TMZ at any given exposure. But I expected that last bit.

Unlike you, I found TMZ to have much better tonality at EI 1600 and above than the other two. The grain was a bit more than Tri-X, but nothing too bad. I've also never had a problem with TMZ having fog when buying in date stuff. TMZ is great stuff - I'm always kind of surprised when I see people push Delta 3200 so hard over TMZ.

Actually I shot a roll of Delta 3200 during this test too but never developed it. Oops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gray View Post
    I did the same thing at some point, but used TMZ instead of Delta 3200. I found similar results. The TMY and Tri-X had VERY similar speeds and results. TMY was obviously finer grained. I also found that both of them had less grain than TMZ at any given exposure. But I expected that last bit.

Unlike you, I found TMZ to have much better tonality at EI 1600 and above than the other two. The grain was a bit more than Tri-X, but nothing too bad. I've also never had a problem with TMZ having fog when buying in date stuff. TMZ is great stuff - I'm always kind of surprised when I see people push Delta 3200 so hard over TMZ.

Actually I shot a roll of Delta 3200 during this test too but never developed it. Oops.
    The one thing Delta 3200 has over TMZ is availability in 120.

If Kodak made TMZ in 120 I'd buy a fair amount of it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    True.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the film is not too old and has been kept cool, you might get by. Like others said test one or two rolls and see what happens.

Jeff

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

TMY-2/EI1600 in TMax Developer

Just tried TMax Developer with TMY-2 in a Jobo 1+4, 7 minutes at EI 1600. I have Chris to thank for the starting time (reduced to compensate for agitation). I was concerned that grain would become objectionable, but grain was well under control and the images displayed surprisingly high acutance and dynamic range. I would post a link, but this is my first post here and I'm not allowed linked images.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin