Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,582   Posts: 1,622,128   Online: 778

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Agfa Multicontrast Premium and Viradon [new]

Has anyone used the new viradon with multicontrast premimum?

If so, what was your results like?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It tones, a very chocolaty tone for me.
    I left hte print in viradon for a long while... don;t know the dilution but the result was good (IMHO)

Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chocolaty it a new term for me, I like it.

Did you use Neutol as your developer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can;t remember which dev I used for these print, made it a long time ago and just threw the print into viradon to see how it worked.
    My guess is that it was Ilford PQ universal or AGFA Multicontrast.

I have standardized my developer to Ethol LPD now, but haven't used viradon yet with this combo.
    I usually have toning-only sessions when I collect enough prints (10 8x10s or so)

I tried selenium in Agfa MCC and MCP, Ilford MGIV and WT developed in Ethol, and I liked the results a lot. Ethol tneds to make fine grain prints and they give a very nice cold tone in selenium.

Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    Chocolaty it a new term for me, I like it.

Did you use Neutol as your developer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    [color=black]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    Has anyone used the new viradon with multicontrast premimum?[/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]If so, what was your results like?
    [/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]The Agfa papers respond very well to Veridon toning and I think this particular combination gives great results. As Titrisol mentions, it can give a tone quite similar to Chocolate in colour. If this is something that appeals, it's worth trying.[/color]

[color=black]Like Veridon on most papers, the results can be variable, and need to be closely watched during toning. The longer the paper is left in the toner, the lighter brown it will go. It's a good idea to keep a wet reference print alongside the toning print so that the progress can be checked.[/color]

[color=black] [/color]

[color=black]Personally I like to combine Veridon toning with Selenium toning, which gives a rich dark "chocolate" result.[/color]

[color=black]The attached pictures show examples of the range of colours available, additionally to Titrisol's example. Both were toned on the same paper (Agfa MC 111 Classic - which gives a result quite similar to Premium) with Selenium and Veridon, with varying times. The columns being the longer of the two.[/color]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1811GhostInHarbour-med.jpeg   Columns.jpeg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    From a different thread but right on the spot, I believe Viradon and Kodak brown toner are very very similar

Joe Symchyshyn

Quote:
    I'm thinking of trying some new papers since I've used only Ilford for the past couple of years. I think I'll give Forte, Bergger and Oriental warm tone papers a try.

If you're looking for a great warm toned paper... I just did a test using 6 different papers...

The Bergger VC on ivory base is beautiful untoned... A lovely tone developed in dektol... Like a slight warm olive.

My favourites were Agfa MCC111 and MCC118 developed in dektol and toned in Kodak Brown toner! A PERFECT warm brown in my opinion!

joe

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin