Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,270   Online: 1105

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    I solved all my problems when I learned how to cut the leader properly: straight edge, carefully rounded corners. Plastic reels can be cleaned with hot water, dish soap and and old toothbrush (there probably are other equally valid methods).
    I make very small movements while loading the film, 1 cm left, 1 cm right, 1 cm left etc. this way I reduce the risk of the film going out of the grooves.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray Kelly View Post
    Many years ago I had a similar problem with a plastic tank. I took a shoe brush (who remembers them?) and without adding any polish and just using whatever had stuck to the bristles I scrunched it circular fashion on the face with the grooves.

Worked well. Never had a problem as I thought might happen with the wax. Films loaded slickly.
    I have had success with using a soft artists brush and brushing in a very tiny amount of Mr Sheen furniture polish then cleaning it out with another brush.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found that using a blow dryer on the reels for 30 seconds and my hands gets all the moisture out, and makes Paterson reels easy to load. Even in a changing bag... I gave up on stainless steel reels after I ruined too many frames.

Kent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Egan View Post
    p.s. here's the other post I was talking about. 2006, wow the years go by fast!
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/3...rue-story.html
    You're right Tony, very amusing. Now to work out a similar tasty way to load 120 or 4x5. Did you ever swallow the lot? And if so, how did they print?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a feeling that Juri was convinced in 2011 that APX100 was the sole reason he had problems so did he stop using APX and found success, switched to digital, discovered that his film was wider after measuring it ( Thomas B's suggestion), switched to stainless steel reels etc ?

Looks like we'll never know. It is always nice to know what happened when APUG has collectively tried to help

Ah well.....

pentaxuser

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin