Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,681   Online: 857

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Prices for Raw Chemicals at ScienceLab

Does anybody know why the raw chemical prices at ScienceLab.com are so outrages? They want $127 for 500 g of ammonium thiosulfate. Is this a medical grade? My current supplier charges €14 for twice that amount but will not ship to Florida. I'm on the look for an alternative photographic chemical supplier. I checked with Photographers' Formulary, but they only carry ammonium thiosulfate as a 60% solution and I prefer the crystalline form.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've just bought 1 Kg of ammonium thiosulfate for 4€ at Manuel Riesgo in Madrid, Spain. I don't know if they will ship to Europe or the USA...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good day Ralph, have you tried ArtCraft Chemicals? It has been while since I ordered anything from them, but Mike used to be rally good and prices were pretty good. Other source here in the US would be Bostick and Sullivan. Give one or both a call they should be able to help with a shipment to Florida.

Good Luck,
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike

I checked. Neither of them seems to carry dry ammonium thiosulfate, but at least ArtCraft has the liquid solution for a reasonable price. Still looking for the dry chemical.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Domingo A. Siliceo View Post
    I've just bought 1 Kg of ammonium thiosulfate for 4€ at Manuel Riesgo in Madrid, Spain. I don't know if they will ship to Europe or the USA...
    Domingo

That's a good price! Tempting!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I thought that sciencelab rang a bell. This is link to a google search of Apug for science lab.

http://www.apug.org/forums/google.ph...s%2Fforum13%2F

Roger

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Yeah, I remember discussions of Sciencelab.com. There was a Google Earth image of their "facilities" which seemed to be a mobile home and several commercial sized garbage dumpsters.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Yeah, I remember discussions of Sciencelab.com. There was a Google Earth image of their "facilities" which seemed to be a mobile home and several commercial sized garbage dumpsters.
    Doesn't look to be a mobile home on street view.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    Here is the Google street view of their facilities based on the address listed on their website:

Sciencelab.com, Inc., 14025 Smith Rd., Houston, Texas 77396

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 05-29-2011 at 04:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Beware of Sciencelab.com. Do a search here and on Photo.net for the problems people have had. I lost a small amount of money placing an order with them. Their modus is to respond that shipping is delayed until you no longer have the option of contesting the charges on your card. I live in Houston, and drove by the place one time. It is a sketchy place surrounded by a hurricane fence. It does not have the appearance of being any sort of legitimate business in my opinion. And the fact that they ripped me off for $20 reinforces that opinion in my mind. I would urge a whole lot of caution.

Check this thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/archive/i...74350-p-2.html

You might check with The Chemistry Store. They are in Florida, and I have had no problems with getting bulk chemicals from them. ( www.chemistrystore.com )
    Last edited by clay; 05-29-2011 at 04:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin