Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,260   Online: 812

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RodinalX ?

Shooter
    Multi Format

RodinalX ?

Hi Everyone,

I've heard that some people are using a combination of Rodinal and Xtol mixed for developing. Have I got the info correct and has anyone tried this soup?

Kind regards Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Tony,
    I have never tested this cocktail but I once read an interesting article about it on www.unblinkingeye.com
    Regards
    Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alex HAwley is teh culprit!

Look here:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...cat=502&page=1
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hans thank you I found a few paragraphs that will give me a start

Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Alex HAwley is teh culprit!
    Look here:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...cat=502&page=1
    Arrrrr yes I remember that one which is where the idea must have stuck in my burried brain cell. I searched forums here but didn't think to search galleries. Thank you also.

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Not Just Xtol....

Tony,just thought I would add something else for you to think about. This weekend I shot some FP4+ 4x5 and developed it in a soup that was Pyrocat-HD with Rodinal - 1+1+100+.5 of Rodinal, for 30 min. stand developed.

Now, I based the time on the 1:100 dil of Rodinal I use most of the time, and the negative is quite dense (meaning that it is a very dark negative, while does have a great deal of detail, the overall negative looks dense - as have stated before, don't know what a true dense negative looks like, just know this one is not thin). Also, as I suspected, the stain was not as pronounced. Have not printed the negative yet, but will let you know how it looks.

Seems like the dilutions I have seen for RodinalX was for standard dilution of Xtol + something like 2 ml of Rodinal.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm going to try 100ml xtol + 400ml water + 2 ml rodinal with some tri-x.

I'll let you know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the info everyone I'll give it a spin. This has got me thinking that as I have some fluffy grain DD-X stocked up I might try a DD-X / Rodinal combo, now see what you've got me into LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you asked P.Gainer if he has a perverted DDX formula?

I guess some ascorbate into your DDX may help, as P.Gainer says it does to HC110 (haven't tested that yet)
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not thought of that but if anyone has Hopefully he will fall over this thread as I don't like pestering people (well not directly LOL).

Images
    Anybody who wnts to pester me directly can do so at pgainer@rtol.net. I am retired and mostly just sit around thinking up new ways to get into mischief.

I first tried mixing HC110 and sodium ascorbate in water solution. I liked the results for grain and gradation, but I had to mix the HC110 with water first and then add the ascorbate. After I found out about glycols as solvents and TEA as both solvent and activator, I concocted a new concentrate of TEA, ascorbic acid and HC110 that will have the keeping qualities of HC110 and be simpler to mix. Without realizing it at the time, I had something analogous to Ilfotec HC. For all I know, they got the idea from my previous perversion that was published in Photo Techniques.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin