Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,453   Online: 879

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and I just checked the profile... Hi Markus (actually I seem to have said ello when you introduced yourself in that thread!)

photographic sales / photographer

where?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh yes, a belated welcome here also from a fellow Melburnian, Markus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhainz
    Thanks for the comments but UV and IR lightwaves getting past the light trap on the tank was what I was actually getting at. Because you do have to remove the tank lid when changing from developer to stop to fixer I was wondering if that part of it needs to be done in the dark.

I have useed a lot of this film and still do. I dev it in a variety of plastic tanks with darkroom white lights on (once in the tank) and never experienced any fogging down the light traps. Some fogging is sometimes seen in the rebates with frames that have had far too much exposure. This fogging extends from the frame into the rebate and can be quite bad at times. Aslo some cameras with infrared film frame counting sensors inside will fog rebates which can extend into the frames. Check your camera for this. Older cameras are usually OK. I use a Canon EOS 600 for I/Red work. Some of the later EOS cameras (and others) have the sensors that will fog I/Red fims.

I hope this helps?

Neil.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Nige,
    I work at Horizon Cameras in East Bentleigh.
    www.hp1.com.au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ahh, I know where that is... must drop in and say a real 'hi' one day I'm driving past!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know it too. I bought my 500 C/M and my 40mm lens there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin