Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,420   Online: 985

Images

Alternatives to Ilford products, suggestions please.

If the Ilford products disappear from the shelves, what EUROPEAN alternatives are on offer in the UK. I like Tetenal and Fotospeed chemicals, but what about film and paper? Are the Foma, Maco or Tura films equal to Ilfords range. How good are Fotospeed and Foma papers. I have not mentioned Agfa because I,m hearing bits here and there that like Ilford they are in trouble. Before all you guys accross the water yell Kodak I would just like to add I have nothing against EK products or Americans, it is just t that I would like to know what europe has to offer. Thanks Bogeyes

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think this was already discussed in another thread in major detail.
    "An object never performs the same function as its name or its image"-Rene Magritte

"An image of a dog does not bite"-William James applied to photography

Images

Jim

Sorry for the ambiguous question, I have been living in isolation for most of the summer, no phone link to a computer, no electricity. All the rumours and speculation are new to me, the only certainty is that three great photographers have died this year. After seaching for alternatives to ilford products I have disovered www.retrophotographic.com it looks like they have enough B&W products to satisfy most people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    we have a great sponsor in J&C who can supply all your wants for film and paper. Then there are a few new sponsors like freestyle that also can do the job.
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    Aggie, shipping cost to the UK make European suppliers more attractive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin