Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,733   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenM
    While I really have nothing against digital, that last thing I want to do when I'm pursuing my hobby is sit in front of a computer screen digitally manipulating an image. As a software consultant, I spend far too much time staring at a monitor as it is.

You never know - it may come to using digital techniques for at least part of the photographic process. I hope not.
    Not only that, lets keep promoting digital negatives on an all analog site so that film really and truly dies.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Not only that, lets keep promoting digital negatives on an all analog site so that film really and truly dies.....
    And not only that, let's not forget that if I want to reprint one of my negatives in 40 years (I'm only 21) I can. Who knows how long it will take for a digital negative to fade? How much will they charge for lightfast ink? This is a very bad idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    Just talked with a friend who's returned from Photokina with the news that the Forte stand was not occupied and the word around the show is that the banks have stepped in. Anyone got any more news.
    We spoke to them yesterday.

Forte has had some production difficulties and delayed delivery of products. They are still taking orders and hope to have production back in 4 to 6 weeks. This has nothing to do with banks stepping in. They have however approached banks for additional financing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Glad to hear that, John. Keep us posted!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Les McLean
    Just talked with a friend who's returned from Photokina with the news that the Forte stand was not occupied and the word around the show is that the banks have stepped in. Anyone got any more news.
    I heard rumors of this too. I would really regret Forte papers. They are my favorites. I just understood from BW Magazine that Bruce Barnbaum uses Forte exclusively. This would really be a loss to analog photographers.

G.
    Wilbert
    http://www.photovergne.com
    Cours photo en Auvergne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc

Forte has had some production difficulties and delayed delivery of products. They are still taking orders and hope to have production back in 4 to 6 weeks. This has nothing to do with banks stepping in. They have however approached banks for additional financing.

John, thanks for the update.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

BUY THAT MAN A BEER!

That's the best news that's been posted on this subject - anywhere!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Isn't it funny how rumors can get blow so totally out of proportion? Best to just sit back and wait to see what is really happening.

THANK YOU JOHN!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thank you for the update.

Since you are here, I'd like to ask you a question:

Are the graded papers you sell in 12x16 the same as the Fortezo papers? Would a "hard" grade be equivalent to a grade 3 or 4? Would normal be 2 and soft 1?

Thank you for all the help,

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I inquired in an earlier post about buying bulk film in rolls. i have access to a facility with a large subzero freezer and am begining to look at the real possibility of buying some bulk film, building a temporary "clean room" and cutting a packaging the roll(s) to insure I have a lifetime supply of ULF film.

i have learned from a earlier thread that Forte, Foma, Efke, and Slavich (russian?) will sell film in bulk, although I do not at this time know pricing.

I still believe in my heart of hearts (wishfull thinking?) that someone will produce LF and ULF film. It is hard to imagine that all of the photographers who have spent years learning the LF craft will suddenly find their passion come to an end. There has never been a commercial market for these products and I think as long as there is a demand, someone will make film even if only in bulk and it is cut and packaged by photo wharehouse, J&C etc. Maybe it will get to the point that one batch will be made once a year and that is it. Prices will go up but availability will still be there.

I am still building my ULF cameras and still plan to market them (SOON) even though these scares will probably cause interest to wane in the short term.
    I have had a couple people ask me to take them off the list to build a camera untill they feel comfortable with the film situation.

I for one am going to send Forte an Email and let them know how important their products are and that there is a demand for them, especially the sheet film. I know it probably will do no good, but it can't hurt either.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin