Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 747

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Bennett
    Thanks, I might give it a shot; I need to order some stuff from Formulary soon anyway. PC-TEA looks to be economical as well.

Sounds like a highly accurate scale is required to weigh for example, "0.2 g phenidone."

Are any of the chemicals particularly toxic? Does the stock have a decent shelf life?
    PC-TEA is one of the lowest toxicity developers around. I use Trader Joe's Ascorbic Acid powder in mine - it is sold as a dietary supplement - vitamin C.

The stock has an extremely long shelf life (due to the use of TEA as the solvent - no water).

The amount of Phenidone is not critical - you can measure it with a teaspoon. Too much is better than too little. 1/8 teaspoon is approximately = .25 gram.

For TEA (Triethanolamine) my favorite source is The Chemistry Store:
    http://www.chemistrystore.com/
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had some success with J&C400 in 4x5 size with Rodinal, dilution 1+50 at 11min. You may want to adjust that for your needs, but the negs look good with nice tonality and good contrast. Grain is of course not very fine, but sharpness is great.

Hope that helps, if not, let us know how the TEA developer worked out.

- Thomas
    Saint Paul, MN
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin