Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,453   Online: 975

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

JandC Classic Museum Paper

Hi:

I see this paper mentioned on the JandC site, but can't find where to buy it on the site. All is see is the polywarmtone paper. I'd like to try out the Museum paper - can someone help me out? I must be overlooking something simple.

-Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Never mind......I found it. I did have to do a search for it, I couldn't find a direct link to it, though.

Thanks.

-Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    Its not available in all sizes, just 12X16 & 16X20 I believe. I bought some of the 16X20 but have been too busy to try it, maybe next weekend.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Bumping......

Anyone tried this yet? I rec'd some 12x16 and 16x20. It's triple weight, 360 gram.
    I am still developing negatives, but I'll be trying it out fairly soon. I'll post what I can when I start using it. I'll put something in my gallery, maybe the same negative on this paper and something more widely used (like Ilford Galerie) to compare it to. I'll contact a step-wedge and measure the DR of the paper (I have Normal grade, it comes in Normal, Hard and Soft - kinda like cats).

-Mike

Shooter
    Large Format
    I printed some 4X5 negs on 16X20 hard grade, and really like the results. Used Agfa Neutol WA which gave a slightly warm tone to the prints. In another thread, J&C mention that the paper is actually Forte Fortezo grades #2, #3, & #4. The actual size of the paper is 50-60mm ( had to make my homemade 16X20 easel adjustable to hold it properly). Look forward to them carrying all sizes in this excellent paper.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=doughowk]In another thread, J&C mention that the paper is actually Forte Fortezo grades #2, #3, & #4.QUOTE]
    So, if I have Museum 'Normal' grade, then I have Grade 3 Fortezo?
    Ouch. That may be too contrasty for my negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    So, if I have Museum 'Normal' grade, then I have Grade 3 Fortezo?
    Ouch. That may be too contrasty for my negatives.
    If it is Mike, try some Selectol Soft. Should knock it down a half grade at least.
    [COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Arial]Some days are diamonds. Some days a tree crashes through your roof.[/FONT][/COLOR]

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin