Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,526   Posts: 1,572,361   Online: 1049

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodabromide

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjixxxy
    Well, the 5x7 box is dated to expire 3/79, but the 8x10 box has no expiration dates on it.
    What is the finish on the Azo? If it is really old emulsion, I imagine that Michael Smith would trade current emulsion for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    What is the finish on the Azo? If it is really old emulsion, I imagine that Michael Smith would trade current emulsion for it.
    Yes, I'll trade fresh, new Azo for the box you have. Let me know if you are interested. I need the old Azo to print a portfolio of older prints. Thanks.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, I'd like that GAF paper. Would work great with the 7X11 negs. I have some 1964 Gaevert Contactone that I'm using up. Let me know what it is and what you want for it. Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Smith
    Yes, I'll trade fresh, new Azo for the box you have. Let me know if you are interested. I need the old Azo to print a portfolio of older prints. Thanks.
    Sure, I'll trade up and throw the box on ice for the day when I finally break into 8x10. The 5x7 box is lustre finish, and the 8x10 is glossy.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Hey, I'd like that GAF paper. Would work great with the 7X11 negs. I have some 1964 Gaevert Contactone that I'm using up. Let me know what it is and what you want for it. Jim
    Well, all I can get from the box is that it is dimensions. It seems to have been opened at one point, and resealed at some point with thick black tape which has now deteriorated leaving black crust over the label where all the info would be. I could probably take a sheet out and just run a quick contact test to see what the finish/weight is like, and if it even still works.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format

kodabromide

I have a friend who is an art/photo teacher. He picks up old, outdated paper and lets his student run the stuff thru inkjet printers for fun. Perhaps there is a use for digital!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    In all of my big box of outdated paper, the Kodabromide was the only one that was completely dead. No sensitivity left - just random blobs and dots.

Even 40 years old Agfa Brovira was better - and that was outdated when I bought it 30 years ago.

BTW, none of my papers had been refrigerated - or even stored cool.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin