Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,695   Online: 1166

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any comments on the storage, shelf life and the capacity compare with Diafine?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This has now been verified in a slightly different formula over here in close cooperation with Michael, the results of which will be published shortly in our blog, illustrated and notes during the experiment phase.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by analog what is that? View Post
    This has now been verified in a slightly different formula over here in close cooperation with Michael, the results of which will be published shortly in our blog, illustrated and notes during the experiment phase.
    That's good news, and I'm glad to hear that this idea is being pursued to a conclusion.
    Please post a reply here when you add your results to the blog.

Mark Overton

Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    My Diafine-C,kept under inert gas, is now 5 months old and works OK. I prefer the results from 5min+5min.
    It seems to be the accepted wisdom that in part full bottles hydroquinone based developer (Diafine) will oxidize more slowly than ascorbate (-C version).
    Diafine-C works well in expose for shadows contrasty situations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diafine-C.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Nice results Relayer! Hard to tell from this small pictures, but Diafine C grain looks "mushy" - not well defined or sharp?
    In the past I used Tetenal Emofin and Difine. With Emofin I had way better results. But it's hard to find developer, even in Europe.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I, too, would really like some deeper scientific data and proof here as a dedicated /diafine user. If you got it, then I with you !
    Logan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gorbas View Post
    Nice results Relayer! Hard to tell from this small pictures, but Diafine C grain looks "mushy" - not well defined or sharp?
    if you need more grainly images - try to use Sodium Carbonate 10g/l instead Borax in bath B. this also increased contrast too.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    An update:
    Trond has tested his new ascorbate two-bath developer for two months, and posted results to the ascorbate-developers blog at this link:
    http://ascorbate-developers.blogspot...ine-clone.html
    He includes some high-contrast scenes which this developer tamed well.
    He named it LOMAD -- Lazy Old Man's Ascorbic Developer -- so it should appeal to most of us.

Mark Overton

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I made some test 16x20s from some 6x7 TMAX400 that had been processed in Diafine. Up close, you can just barely to see the grain, but it is nearly invisible. I'm really considering returning to Diafine for all my work.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bwfans View Post
    1 year old bath A of Diafine-C working ok and have same pH as fresh solution!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Johnson View Post
    It seems to be the accepted wisdom that in part full bottles hydroquinone based developer (Diafine) will oxidize more slowly than ascorbate (-C version).
    in solution with Na2SO3 hydroquinone oxidize to hydroquinone monosulfonate:
    C6H6O2 + Na2SO3 + O --> C6H5NaO5S + NaOH
    as result we have extra NaOH and increased pH

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin