Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,024   Online: 961

Shooter
    Medium Format

The ultimate solution to the high price of BW film

I've found the ultimate solution to the high price of BW film. While playing with my Viewmaster personal stereo camera, I noticed that it can be coaxed into double exposures. In it's native state, the camera puts 69 stereo pairs on a 36 exposure 35mm roll. By double exposing while masking on or the other of the taking lenses, one can get 138 individual negatives on the roll. There you go. Your per exposure costs have been reduced by a factor of 4. Stop crying, shoot some film, and thank me later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ugh. 36 is already too many, and 35mm already too small. Cheaper, yes, but you get what you pay for.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ugh? Same negative size as a disc camera. Everyone loved that format, didn't they?

edp

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And about twice the size of Super 8, and you could enlarge that to the size of your living room wall.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I get 75 shots with my half frame camera all the time. I also stocked up on 36 exp rolls of Arista Premium at $2 a roll. That works out to about 2.5 cents a shot. It's a but more when I shoot Ektar however.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Who's crying?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin