Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,886   Posts: 1,520,611   Online: 1030

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    Keep stocking up. 10 years from now you'll have lots of expired film and I'll be selling fresh stuff in every flavor anyone could want.
    A good laugh.

It seems I should ask everyone buy your film then you will stop this kind of post? Or I have to appraise your films like everyone else does here?

The first time I made you upset was I pointed out you were lying - you were telling everyone here the new film you are selling is not Lucky 100 - and I proved you are not telling the truth. Since then you started attack every of my post even it has nothing to do with you.

This is a very low level thing. I thought you are better than that.

You should be shame of yourself - put your personal business in front of the principle.
    Last edited by bwfans; 10-05-2004 at 04:11 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Quote Originally Posted by bwfans
    A good laugh.

It seems I should ask everyone buy your film then you will stop this kind of post? Or I have to appraise your films like everyone else does here?

The first time I make you upset was I pointed out you are lying - you were telling everyone here the new film you are selling is not Lucky 100 - and I proved you are not telling the truth. Since then you started attack every of my post even it has nothing to do with you.

You should be shame of yourself - put your personal business in front of the principle.
    It's hard agruing with someone who knows everything. I will try to refrain from now on.

I do find it amusing that the one with the adgenda here based on reviewing your posts is you.

I had completely forgotten that you were the one who posted that insanity about our Pro 100 film being Lucky and how I didn't know where my film was coming from.

That clarifies everything for me now.

Thanks.

Images
    A good laugh.

The first time I make you upset was I pointed out you are lying - you were telling everyone here the new film you are selling is not Lucky 100 - and I proved you are not telling the truth. Since then you started attack every of my post even it has nothing to do with you.

It looks more to me like a basic difference of opinion that needn't be reduced to personal insults. You believe that stockpiling favored out-of-production film is the way to deal the contraction of the film industry, John makes the point that it is better to support the companies that are likely to produce into the future. I tend to agree with John but I don't question anyone's decision to stock up on films that they particularly like.

It's an important issue these days but I'm not cynical enough to believe that either of your' points of view are motivated by personal gain.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The first time I make you upset was I pointed out you are lying - you were telling everyone here the new film you are selling is not Lucky 100 - and I proved you are not telling the truth.
    I am trying to evaluate the situation here. I must have missed it ... just where is your "proof"?
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have to be honest. I mean I understand some people stockpiling on film they love because of its being foretold it will be discontinued.... or is doing so, but much like people have said. JandC is continually getting new batches of film. I tried to order some Pro 100 a few months ago, they were out, BUT A NEW BATCH WAS COMING IN.... as in the film was being produced at present and will (per jandc's comment) continue to be produced. I loved FP4 in 4x5 and 8x10 but its out of stock where ever I look for it. so I, like most people, would rather fund/support/ and give my business to people like JandC because it will only assist in solidifing the continued production of film.
    Plus the jandc pro 100 saved me a boat load of money and I love how it looks dev in PMK Pyro and contact prints wonderfully.

jandc I will continue to give you my business and I admire and respect you for what you are doing.

Thats not a stroke fest, just a thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    It looks more to me like a basic difference of opinion that needn't be reduced to personal insults. You believe that stockpiling favored out-of-production film is the way to deal the contraction of the film industry, John makes the point that it is better to support the companies that are likely to produce into the future. I tend to agree with John but I don't question anyone's decision to stock up on films that they particularly like.

It's an important issue these days but I'm not cynical enough to believe that either of your' points of view are motivated by personal gain.
    You're absolutely right. At that moment in time it seemed like something needed to be said. In hindsight I should have ignored the commentary.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Keep stocking up. 10 years from now you'll have lots of expired film and I'll be selling fresh stuff in every flavor anyone could want.
    Will you be selling me TMax? That's the flavor I'll want.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    Will you be selling me TMax? That's the flavor I'll want.
    We hope to have TMax 400 in stock by the end of the month in 8x10 and 4x5.

Perhaps there will be a better flavor than even TMax 400 10 years from now?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    We hope to have TMax 400 in stock by the end of the month in 8x10 and 4x5.

Perhaps there will be a better flavor than even TMax 400 10 years from now?
    My poor old heart would not be able to stand such a thing. Thanks for stocking this most marvelous film. I'm glad you told me. I was just about to order a box from B&H.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm opting for edging my bets I'm stocking up by buying more than I need as a fall back. If the films I love now remain available for a few years or new ones come out, no problems stock rotation will take care of age. If we lose the films we are currently using at least I'll have a reserve of the film I know how to use whilst I learn to use the alternatives

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin