Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,835   Online: 1083

Shooter
    Multi Format

ERA & lucky SHD400 film??

Does anybody know where i might buy ERA100 135 on the cheap these days?
    I used to buy it from a guy in hongkong on the cheap (about £1.20 ish per roll delivered in batches of 10) through ebay a few years ago but i cant find him anymore... it seems i was wise enough to slowly fill up my fridge back then but now its empty again and im out of the loop!

also Lucky SHD400 135... I believe it was discontinued some time ago but if anybody had any tipoffs it would be much appreciated!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've heard that ERA isn't manufactured anymore. I ran into a few rolls of it when I visited China last year, but the general consensus among people I asked there was that it's gone. They must have stopped manufacturing it recently.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was an ebay seller in Taiwan, Isaac someone, who used to sell ERA but not sure if he still does.

jon
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    His ebay handle is isaac.chen and he still sells film, but not ERA. I still have a box of ERA PSS Pan in 4x5 I got from him a couple of years ago. He doesn't seem to sell it any more, could indeed be gone. Isaac only seems to carry Shanghai now at his isaacchen ebay store. Not sure if I can post a link to his ebay store or not, but he should be easy enough to find.

EDIT: It looks like the film still exists, you might want to try straight from the source although I thought they only dealt domestically in China. Here's the product page.
    Jon :: 18pct.com
    :: photoblog | tumblr | twitter | flickr | linkedin ::

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When I was in Shanghai a couple of months ago I was told the film is gone, which is too bad because it was pretty good stuff. I don't care for Lucky because the lack of the anti-halation layer means your shots have a strange bloom...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcneil86 View Post
    I've heard that ERA isn't manufactured anymore.
    I plaed an enquiry on the ERA website... The response I got back was "Thank your e-mail.
    We temporarily doesnot your requisite product, When are we going to produce these products, time can not be determined."

I take that as a definate maybe - err sometime perhaps.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My father-in-law picked up a hundred+ rolls each for me of the ERA100 in 135 and GP3 100 in 120 when he went back to Beijing last year. My sister-in-law who lives there did the on-the-ground research to find it for us before he went there as the places I used to get it when I lived in Beijing either no longer had it or could not find any more. She was told both films were not being made anymore and the stock that was out there was it. Good news is I got it all for about 75 cents a roll. Looks like I need to put a padlock and red-laser security system around my freezer soon. Both are great films, though the GP3 sometimes has some minor pinholes and such.

Isaac Chen used to carry on eBay but not at a price I would ever have called "on the cheap".
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thanks for your input guys.. Yes i remember dealing with issac chen once long ago actualy when the LuckySHD400 was still in production. Tried some of the shanghai too but I wasn't very pleased with it.. Its in a box now reserved for last resort emergency's!

Actually dfoo in general terms I agree with you about the anti-halation layer issue, but I always found it quite handy for bad lighting conditions because it gets very contrasty with an extra minute or two in the developer. good for long shots where you cant always use a flash if you can handle the result being a little rugged. Ive got a few negs that were extremely poorly lit which could almost be compared to a lith print!

As for ERA I guess it might be time for me to say RIP. Sadly too many of us have had to say that all too often in recent times

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cp16 View Post
    As for ERA I guess it might be time for me to say RIP.
    I only inquired about the 35mm ERA so perhaps one of the sheet film users may want to ask about that separately. It may be the translation but it did sound like they have not made an irrevocable decision to stop making the stuff. I wonder if one of the dealers in the group would get more information?
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin