Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,827   Online: 800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Ilford FP4+ works just as well for me, developed in D-76 1:1 just like Plus-X. I used Plus-X for many years in 35mm and 120. Both films give me negatives that are like beautiful little jewels. I don't care for T-Max 100 so much.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanc View Post
    Thanks all! I hadn't really considered the Fomapan 100. I will definitely give it a try as well as the Neopan 100. Anyone have a starting dev time for the Fomapan 100 in Xtol 1:1 ?
    There are two different Neopan 100 films. Acros is generally available and is a new tech type film, something like TMax 100.

Then there is Neopan 100 SS, an older type, which is available here and there. There was some talk of it being discontinued, but it's hard to know. It was a film that Barry Thornton liked.

Some vendors seem to have difficulty in distinguishing the two from each other.
    Last edited by john_s; 07-05-2011 at 03:16 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by KenR View Post
    I used Tmax100 in the past and found it was too contrasty and not worth the effort, especially with the new Tmax400. How do others feel about this film?
    Tmax 100 is a wonderful film. Those who say it is too contrasty, not contrasty enough or that it sucks (I'm not kidding I've read that on here) are simply not using it properly.

But it is a different kind of film than Plus-X (although not quite as different as it once was given the evolution of so-called traditional films), not a replacement.

If someone wants to replace Plus-X I strongly suggest FP4+, especially in large format.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin