Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,569   Posts: 1,545,460   Online: 1143

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Vintage Documentary: How Film Is Made

From Kodak in 1958. This one's a Dutch translation but has been subtitled back into the original english... pretty interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6w1...&feature=share

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, that's a great film. If you read the subtitle credits you'll see they were an APUG related effort. I think it was a Dutch member who first posted it here several years ago.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ahhh - yeah.. I'd be kind of surprised if it didn't show up here at some point in the past - but I really wasn't sure how long it'd been on youtube..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think it was on Youtube back then. From memory it was hosted on a website and could be downloaded in decent resolution. It'd be nice if some more industrial films like that were to emerge, perhaps from Agfa etc.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For those who weren't aware of them, the Video section on APUG has links to a lot of interesting video, including the subject of this thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/media.php?do=details&mid=12
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    Thats a great find! Thank you!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Nice thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    From Kodak in 1958. This one's a Dutch translation but has been subtitled back into the original english... pretty interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6w1...&feature=share
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    Yeah, that's a great film. If you read the subtitle credits you'll see they were an APUG related effort. I think it was a Dutch member who first posted it here several years ago.
    It was me... I made the translation, together with the help of a few others, and did the technical stuff of adding the subtitles to a copy of the original video, as kindly provided by Frank Bruinsma of the Super 8 Reversal Lab. However, the posting on YouTube was done by someone I don't know.

If you want to read a bit about the story behind the found film, you can find it here on my personal website:

http://www.boeringa.demon.nl/menu_technic_kodakfilm.htm

Marco Boeringa
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

AGFA "How film is made"...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael W View Post
    I don't think it was on Youtube back then. From memory it was hosted on a website and could be downloaded in decent resolution. It'd be nice if some more industrial films like that were to emerge, perhaps from Agfa etc.
    There is one very similar film that is called "Zestig jaar Gevaert: van huisnijverheid tot wereldindustrie" (Gevaert later became Agfa-Gevaert and finally Agfa):

You can watch it here (please let me know if it isn't viewable outside the Netherlands!!!, I possibly have another working link), on a Dutch history TV channel site:

Zestig jaar Gevaert: van huisnijverheid tot wereldindustrie:

http://www.geschiedenis24.nl/speler....m.7082986.html

There has been a previous thread started by me, unfortunately, the link to the other APUG Lounge thread therein is dead, but the thread below contains an English text translation file I created (the original Gevaert video is in Dutch), and that you can download from the thread below:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum205/...eo-1954-a.html

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Marco ,

Thank you for your efforts. I clicked the link in Istanbul and it said I did not install Silverlight . I am using chrome and ie6.

Umut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin