Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,541   Posts: 1,572,772   Online: 880

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A few months ago, I had to submit samples of two days' worth of my urine for testing after suffering from kidney stones. The firm that did the testing supplied me (at my later expense, of course) with two sturdy orange plastic 1-gallon containers for the urine collection. Of course, I washed them out thoroughly afterward and kept them for the next time I mix up some D-76! :-D
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At least one chemical manufacturer (Sprint) has been using plastic bladders in cardboard boxes for bulk chemicals for more than 20 years.

Begs the question, though - which is more fun: making the pictures, or drinking the wine.
    Louie

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Works well. Been using the local (Australian ones) which appear to be mylar with 3 layers of aluminised plastic. The Dektol is still good after a year. We don't have '2 Buck Chuck' here but the el cheapo wines have a use by date about 1 year from packing and even that stuff would soon show any signs of acetic acid. Since the bag collapses as you draw off the developer there is no air contamination.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Sprint chems last a very long time in the bags they use. We have some Sprint developers for the VCP darkroom, the last time I tested the stuff it was fine even after a few years of storage.

(The VCP darkroom gets little use these days).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The box wine I got is Aussie wine

I think Aussies give Californians a run for the money when it comes to wine quality. My wine box was probably shipped bulk from Australia then boxed in Cali.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottrdaemmerung View Post
    The firm that did the testing supplied me (at my later expense, of course) with two sturdy orange plastic 1-gallon containers for the urine collection. :-D
    Now that's maximizing your healthcare dollars!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Less for the landfill and...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottrdaemmerung View Post
    The firm that did the testing supplied me (at my later expense, of course) with two sturdy orange plastic 1-gallon containers for the urine collection. :-D
    Maximizing your healthcare dollars!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before using it for wine, I might suggest first rinsing it with a small amount of developer first. That way you can ensure appropriate PH .

I think that the mylar based bags are less permeable than the clear ones, but may also be less rugged.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't particularly like notes of sodium sulfite nor the metol finish in my chardonnay.

Shooter
    35mm
    As an avid reader of APUG whi tries to read most threads, I think we owe the winebag secret to a Canadian postman. Well I think that is his profession. He is called Murray Minchin.

Maybe someone mentioned winebags earlier than Murray but it is his name I associate with this tip.

I am a big fan of winebags but stick to the ones that look like silver bags. Without anything but gut instinct to guide me I have doubts about the keeping properties of the clear plastic bags.

pentaxuser

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin