Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,912   Online: 794

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

I placed my first order

Developer: ADOX ATOMAL 49 2x1 Liter / 2x10 Filme (ATM 49)
    StopBath: ADOLUX ADOSTOP Stoppbad 60% geruchlos mit Indicator 1000 ml
    Fixer: ADOLUX ADOFIX Expressfixierer hohe Konz. 1Liter

...and some other stuff as starter kit.

I would like to have your opinion about this developer for slow films like ILFord PanF 50?
    Last edited by baachitraka; 07-05-2011 at 11:45 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    where from?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    fotoimpex.de...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    baachitraka:

Good luck in getting your question answered. I personally have had no experience with either your film or chemistry choices.

I do have one suggestion though - you might get better responses if you used a different thread title. If the title was something like "Slow films in ADOX Atomal 49 - good choice?" you would be much more likely to attract the attention of someone who does have experience with the combination.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will not worry much, since I would like to start with the cheap stuff to gain some experience and move on to more professional stuff.

By the way, Is Xtol, such a great developer? They promise good shadow detail, fine grain and sharpness...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Xtol is a very good developer, and it has a relatively benign environmental "footprint".

The only downside (for me) is that the mixing directions require you to mix up 5 liters at a time.

Personally, I use HC-110 one-shot, mixed directly from the thick (North American) concentrate to dilution E (1 + 47).

That being said, I'm sure that you will get at least reasonable results from the ATM 49 developer you have ordered.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, when I was ordering I saw the Xtol for 5 liters. I felt it is little too much for a beginner.

Off topic: Are there any alchemist who mix diff developers(A+B), for developing film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ATOMAL 49 is excellent for slow films. I have used almost all the a49 incarnations.. Agfa, ORWO etc etc.
    However, I haven't tried it with any of the Ilford emulsions. Its should be good match thou.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Atomal 49 (Agfa version), now Adox 49 (just a name change), is quite a professional developer. Was one of the standard fine grained developers when it 1st came out. Ilford films certainly these days can not be considered "cheap" either.

I had used X-tol when I worked in NYC, because at the time, it was available in 1L packages. Interesting results at the time with Tri-X, but Studional gave much better results overall.

Good luck with your 1st order. Mirko is a good guy.
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay, I just got it. Very curious to prepare the stock solution. But, I am trying to find Studional in adox.de, but there is no such product in their web-page.
    Last edited by baachitraka; 07-12-2011 at 04:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin