Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,113   Online: 812

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Where to get syringes

Quote Originally Posted by singram View Post
    Where do you get a syringe to draw off small amounts?
    I get mine from my vet. I'm sure if you go to any clinic, you can buy some for a song. Good luck with your test with HC-110.

Shooter
    35mm
    In Texas they give them to you for free at any pharmacy.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use HC-110 diluted 1+49 and use either a 10 ml or 25 ml graduate to measure the concentrate. I use the 25 ml graduate if I am developing more than 2 rolls. The concentrate produces a flat meniscus and is very easy to measure this way. I quickly fill the graduate almost to the required mark and then pour slowly until I reach it. Try not to get any concentrate on the sides of the graduate. Then the graduate is rinsed a couple of times and the rinsings added to the dilution water.

The problem with syringes is getting to the concentrate once it is no longer near the top of the bottle. They do supply a stepped cork with some syringes but it doesn't fit the HC-110 bottle.
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 07-07-2011 at 10:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The syringes, as mentioned, come often with children prescriptions. We have a few I got from Target pharmacy. Ask a pharmacist, he/she may just toss you one or two.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "I just use it 1+60, 1+90 or even 1+120 (A. Adams used this). It is great for contrast control" what are your development times masimix at those ratios?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin