Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,099   Online: 980

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

ID-11 part b blow up

I've finally found time to get back into the darkroom and start clearing a back log... I reached for a pack of unmixed ID-11 and have found Part B has ballooned right out and seems close to bursting.

Will this still be ok to mix? Is it safe to open?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How important are the images?

Shooter
    35mm
    Well I'm not relying on them, but I'll be mightily angry if the developer underperforms. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this, and if they new whether it affects the chemical.

I could buy a new one, but if someone else has found it doesn't matter I'd rather save the money

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Get in contact with Ilford ASAP - There was a product recall on one batch of ID11 not that long ago.

If you are desperate for a pack of ID11 (or want D76 as a substitute), ping me with a PM and I'll loan you some (I'm not far from Norwich).

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Get in contact with Ilford ASAP - There was a product recall on one batch of ID11 not that long ago.

If you are desperate for a pack of ID11 (or want D76 as a substitute), ping me with a PM and I'll loan you some (I'm not far from Norwich).
    That's very kind of you - however I'm not in an urgent rush, I can wait for some from silverprint, I just hate waste! I'll conatct Ilford about it though that didn't occur to me.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilford
    As well as the product performance concerns, the moisture contamination has, in some cases, created carbon dioxide within the Part B packet, which could therefore become visibly swollen. Although the carbon dioxide is harmless, the potential for this swelling to affect the opening of the packet is also a moderate health and safety concern.
    It seems that is what you have.

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks guys. I emailed them but got no reply today. I'll phone them tomorrow regarding this.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Harry,

Did you get the info ( and replacement ) you needed? If not, please PM me.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Simon,

I called up the people I bought it off (Ag-photo) who immediately called Ilford. Ag-photo returned my call about 30 seconds later saying a replacement was on its way and that they didn't need the old one returned.

It arrived today - very good service from both companies. Neither were interested in my batch number or proof of purchase. I'm impressed.

Interestingly, the bloke at Ag-photo said the faulty bacth of was the last to come out of the USA before switching to Germany. I wonder which was the cause?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin