Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,004   Online: 881

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take it out, roll a 12exp roll in a darkroom/bag/tent and test that baby! Agfa is one of my favorite and most shot films.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll try to load it up ASAP. I don't have a scanner but I might try some prints if it turns out OK.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I G Farben definitely was not an active manufacturer after the end of WW2.

The two main factories then were in Leverkusen and Wolfen respectively. (An interesting read, if you google I G Farben and the Agfa/Orwo stories.)
    My first thought when I see that is "Nitrate Film"! and perhaps stewing in its own vapours for 60 years! (sealed can) BE VERY Careful.

BAck in the 60's Kodak packed their bulk film in a paper bag, or wrapped in black paper. I only ever found one roll of AGFA ISS bulk in my reckless youth, and I can't recall how it was wrapped, which means the black paper is likely.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I wouldn't open it at all, now attempt to use it. It's now a piece of history, and should be respected as such. I bought some WW2 vintage unopened Agfa "Aeropan" film for use in air reconnaissance cameras. That was 20 years ago, has Eagle & Hakenkreuz, the whole thing. Have never thought of opening it, and never will.

I hope you don't ruin the integrity of what you purchased, by attempting to actually use it.

Just my 2¢
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin