Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 726

Shooter
    Multi Format

To people wanting to use Adox CMS 20

Not sure if this is new news to anyone, but just in case, it appears Adox in the process of reformulating Adotech developer.

I've written before in several threads (people asking questions about CMS 20) about how in testing I occasionally found what appeared to be defects in the emulsion, and also about how regardless of dilution and agitation method, this "matched" developer was very prone to uneven development. Hopefully the reformulated developer will address the issue (for those who want to use Adotech to develop CMS 20).

I'm not a fan of document films for pictorial use in general as you trade virtually everything for the lack of grain and higher resolving power (most of which usually cannot be expoited/realized anyway). But for those determined to use them, hopefully the quality of CMS 20 will continue to be improved. Not sure if the new coating facility for medium format is better than the 35mm facility, or if any changes are being made to the 35mm coating process.

Michael
    Last edited by Michael R 1974; 07-13-2011 at 05:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    CMS 20 made from very old master rolls of Agfa High definition Pan (please don't confuse with Agfa Copex, a very different film). This material was outdated by Agfa ~10 years ago. Mirko and Heribert bought the material and finished it to 35 mm cartridges.
    You cannot expect any better coating in the future. All coating with that film is done nearly 20 years ago. Anyway - I dont believe in an coating error, more in an outdating effect.
    An identical material is not available at Agfa, the formula has revisited.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    IMHO, CMS20 is is very consistent film, I am using it for years. No problems whatsoever. Most people's issues are due to not properly cleaned tanks, tap water, temperatures etc etc.
    Use distilled water @ the right temperatures and all the chemistry should work as designed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georg16nik View Post
    IMHO, CMS20 is is very consistent film, I am using it for years. No problems whatsoever.
    +1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is not consistent in Adotech. You might not be noticing it depending on the image. But expose it to a grey card. It's lousy. Distilled water, different agitation schemes, higher dilutions etc. Uneven development. And it is easily remedied with other developers, although that doesn't address the inherently poor tonality of the film, like any other document film.

Anyhow I'm not going to argue about this. People should use whatever they want to use. I just thought it was worth pointing out Adox is reformulating Adotech, which might mean better results for people wanting to use that developer.
    Last edited by Michael R 1974; 07-14-2011 at 10:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This post from Mirko at Foto Impex/Adox , but in another thread , may give some new information.

Karl-Gustaf

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum249/...ntinued-3.html
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin