Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,511   Online: 787

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Perceptol in wine bottles

I'm about to mix up perceptol to stock strength, but I need something to hold the stock solution in before I dilute it to my working strength. I have a few empty wine bottles, and I'm wondering what I should do to clean them before putting perceptol in them? I imagine I need to be careful with what I use to clean them so residue doesn't react with the perceptol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I actually use "wine boxes", a normal dish soap and a really good, repeated rinse.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Empty 500ml-2 liter water or soda bottles are easier to clean than glass, and you can squeeze the air out easier. Mark's wine boxes are excellent as well, Kodak used to ship liquid chems in a similar packaging 40 years ago.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    Empty 500ml-2 liter water or soda bottles are easier to clean than glass, and you can squeeze the air out easier. Mark's wine boxes are excellent as well, Kodak used to ship liquid chems in a similar packaging 40 years ago.
    Kodak still sells liquid chemistry that way - e.g. Polymax T in the larger size:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...er_Liquid.html
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wine bottles would be fine, so long as they're screw-top ones, or you wax the corks to seal them. Just rinse your bottles with water, a little wine won't hurt the developer and may improve the flavour. Try not to serve with fish, chicken or on its own, chilled or otherwise... :-)

I prefer 500ml plastic pop bottles (ID-11 stock; 4+ years is fine!); like Bob says, squeeze out the air as you use the stock. Avoid concertina bottles; they are poop IMO.
    testing...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin