Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,508   Online: 719

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Are you saying that there is a Freestyle store in the U.K. or that buying from Freestyle in the U.S. plus postage is still cheaper than the prices the OP has been quoted for U.K. based retailers?

The OP is based in the U.K.

pentaxuser
    Unfortunately, I can't speak to the cost of postage outside of the US. However, even with the relatively higher cost in postage, the OP might still come out better. Only way to find out is to check the website and get an estimate of shipping costs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whats the OP?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Original poster. The guy or gal that asked the initial question.
    "There is a time and place for all things, the difficulty is to use them only in their proper time and places." -- Robert Henri

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The prevalent information emerging from this thread is:

1. The world film market is complicated, with some regions heavier discounted than other.
    2. The advice to shop around is a good one.
    3. You get what you pay for, most often, with Fuji Neopan Acros being the exception, especially in 120 format.
    4. Low cost film might be just perfectly fine for you, but be prepared to one day process your film and have problems with it, and it's likely to happen when you're shooting something important.

Cheap and Quality in the same sentence is almost an oxymoron.

Good luck in your hunt for film. You might wish to restrict how much you shoot and just buy Ilford anyway. That's what I do, except I mainly buy yellow box film.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by H. James Wolf View Post
    One of the posts mentions Lucky film. I've tried to find out if this is still available in 35 in the U.S. but with no luck.
    I have only seen it advertised by sellers located in Asia. Do a search on e-bay. most will ship anywhere.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My standard 35mm is still Agfa APX 100. I've came back from all of these orthopanchromatic issues, including the Acros. But, still looking for an APX equivalent at 100 ASA in 120 format, beside the Tri-X, of course.

In 120 it could be Rollei RPX 100 - but, I don't get it with Rodinal in the way I used it to my way of results so far. Still trying.
    Last edited by Frank Chambers; 07-22-2011 at 10:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chambers View Post
    My standard 35mm is still Agfa APX 100. I've came back from all of these orthopanchromatic issues, including the Acros. But, still looking for an APX equivalent at 100 ASA in 120 format, beside the Tri-X, of course.

In 120 it could be Rollei RPX 100 - but, I don't get it with Rodinal in the way I used it to my way of results so far. Still trying.
    You will never find it, unless someone replicates the color reproduction of APX, which is unique. Try a light yellow/green filter and TMax 100.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Chambers View Post

Filtration will be the main key to making a b/w film match another. I'd experiment with a gel filter sample book from Lee to find the best filter.

I used to use 10 or 20 cyan gel filters sometimes to make Ilford films look more like Tri-X 320.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've tested T-max (and Delta) and I didn't liked its structure in mid range grew, so finally it was sorted and I was hooked to Tmax 3200 at 1600. But that could be easily done even better with Tri-X, so Tmax was sorted, too.

Ilford's Pan F+ is very good, I like it very much in bright sun, but with Perceptol it is fixed to 25 ASA which is a bit too limited, but a very good option! So I have to try the filter thing with the Rollei RPX which sounds, after the basics I've first to do with Rodinal, very good.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin