Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,767   Posts: 1,484,167   Online: 835

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge
    Ok, it might have the Rollei brand name, but these people have lost their mind, or jumped the gun in trying to squeeze the traditional market. I can get 50 sheets of Tmx 400 for $147, do they really think their film is twice as good as Tmx? Frankly I doubt it. I am sticking with my previous tought and will order the JandC 400.
    Jorge, Classic 400 is a fantastic film, the fact that it is cheaper just screams "BARGAIN"! At those prices for Rollei sheet film, I would entertain purchasing some put options or selling some call options on that segment of Rollei's business. I await instead the possibility of John and Efke coming up with Efke PL200 and PL400 at prices that truly reflect current market conditions for sheet film.
    Francesco

Jorge,
    stop squawking. TMY will probably cost the same as the Rollei film within a year!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Duffy
    Jorge,
    stop squawking. TMY will probably cost the same as the Rollei film within a year!
    Bite your tongue man!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Jorge,
    I am on my way to my mexican withc doctor to put a curse on you for even mentioning this...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, now I know which films to compare it with - I was going to use Tech Pan and TMZ.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Upside down?
    like the upside-down pineapple cake?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    Based on initial tests with Cube, something coming out of oblivion to work with R³: Amidol in bisulphite. The upside-down developer.
    And john, I agree is kinda pricey, but let's see what the tests say
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    8x10 25sh - $140.00
    fuhgeddabouddit...just lemme know when the TMY comes in....
    Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Jorge,
    Tom:
    Yeh, sure! Howard

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi,

I can hardly believe that this R3 film is something different than the Cube film MACO already sells, they are too much alike.

What would be the rationale to produce such similar films? Why hurt sales on Cube thru this new R3 film?

If they are not the same: producing two emulsions so alike just add costs (machine setup, handling, lower sales) to each of them

It sounds too much as a marketing thing: put Rollei on it, make it a bit more expensive, give it some mystical spec's and let the brandname do the work for you. Cudo's for the marketeers when they pull this one off :-)

Maybe Maco rebrands/team's up with Rollei if they can get a better price for their products under the rollei brand?

Huib

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Huib
    Hi,

I can hardly believe that this R3 film is something different than the Cube film MACO already sells, they are too much alike.

What would be the rationale to produce such similar films? Why hurt sales on Cube thru this new R3 film? Producing two emulsions such alike just add costs (machine setup, handling, lower sales) to each of them

It sounds too much as a marketing thing: put Rollei on it, make it a bit more expensive, give it some mystical spec's and let the brandname do the work for you. Cudo's for the marketeers when they pull this one off :-)

Huib
    from what I understand it appears you are correct and it is the Maco Cube film rebranded. At least Maco is being smart and selling rebranded film more expensive than their own brand, unlike Ilford.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin