Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,003   Online: 841

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I remember a funny story years ago about Mercedes-Benz having trouble selling some of their models until they jacked the price up considerably. Then they couldn't keep them in stock, hehe..

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I remember a funny story years ago about Mercedes-Benz having trouble selling some of their models until they jacked the price up considerably. Then they couldn't keep them in stock, hehe..
    Hmmm...Mercedes, Rollei.....they must have the same marketing guy...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it isn't rebranded Cube 400c, but a very close relative of it. It has a clear base, and doesn't curl like Cube. I haven't used enough R³ yet to judge whether there are differences in image quality. So far my impression is that it behaves very much like Cube, but I'll keep an open mind.

Best,
    Helen

Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    As I mentioned earlier in this thread, it isn't rebranded Cube 400c, but a very close relative of it. It has a clear base, and doesn't curl like Cube. I haven't used enough R³ yet to judge whether there are differences in image quality. So far my impression is that it behaves very much like Cube, but I'll keep an open mind.

Best,
    Helen
    Helen is correct. It's Cube enhanced. The curling is less and they have put the anti halo on the emulsion side which in theory should make it a sharper film than cube. But it's roots are in traffic film just like Cube.

Per a previous request, Cube in 35mm and 120 will be available Tuesday.

Here are developing times we have tried:

D-76 EI 200 - 11min
    D-76 EI 400 - 15min
    D-76 EI 800 - 21min
    Xtol 1:2 EI 400 - 30min
    Xtol 1:2 EI 1600 - 38min
    A49 EI 400 - 25min
    A49 EI 800 - 34min
    R09 1:20 EI400 - 18min

These times are based on just a very few sample rolls we had. So your milage may vary.

My observation on this film is that it's a 400 speed film that takes to overexposure very well. I find it difficult to believe that results at 1600 and higher will be any more exceptional than other films that are pushed into this range. Though I'd love to hear other comments on this.

Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    fuhgeddabouddit...just lemme know when the TMY comes in....
    It will be available on Thursday.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hi,

If that is the case (R3 beeing an enhanced Cube) I don't understand why Mahn/Maco keeps the Cube in their product portfolio. If R3 is a better Cube (less curl, clearbase, better lattitude,...) what would be the rationale (except $1) to choose Cube over R3 as an user?

Don't get me wrong, I admire Mahn in how they manage to have and keep such portfolio alive and without loosing money on it.

Huib

Quote Originally Posted by Huib
    Hi,

If that is the case (R3 beeing an enhanced Cube) I don't understand why Mahn/Maco keeps the Cube in their product portfolio. If R3 is a better Cube (less curl, clearbase, better lattitude,...) what would be the rationale (except $1) to choose Cube over R3 as an user?

Don't get me wrong, I admire Mahn in how they manage to have and keep such portfolio alive and without loosing money on it.

Huib
    Is there a rationale in chosiig either of them? I haven't seen anything special in either of these films.

If you had thousands of rolls of unsold Cube in your warehouse what would you do?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    It will be available on Thursday.
    There's nothing about it on your website and I'm almost out of film. Should I just call?
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's nothing about it on your website and I'm almost out of film. Should I just call?
    I, too, am ready to make another 8x10 TMY purchase. What will your price be for a 50 sheet box of 8x10?

It's on the web site now. $159 per box.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin