Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,914   Online: 960

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Glad you found the problem.

A roll of rubylith is good to have on hand for the darkroom. I don't know what I'd do without it, aside from completely boarding up my basement. I hang flaps of it over the edges of my sliding door, and a sheet of it over my basement window. Instead of blocking the light, it turns it into a safelight, and it is easily reversible. I get mine at a screen printing shop.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    great advice, thanks.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thedeuk View Post
    found it! there were two pinhole light leaks in my darkroom.
    Elsewhere in this thread has suggested to put the print face up in the developer. I have never done that, never will . Just for the fear of light leaks*. I place the print face down agitate 30 second, turn up right for a couple of sec to see an image forming then face down, then stop ( running rater generally for me) then fixer face down for 45 sec , then examine and then fix #2 face down 45sec

* A lot of my work is in a community darkroom wit 20 other enlarger going on and off.
    D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use.
    Ansel Adams - The Negative

Shooter
    Multi Format
    do you ever get dark marks from the silver on the bottom of the tray?

in my current setup i just have shelves that are barely big enough for the paper so i kind of have to pull each tray out and push the other in with my legs so i can keep two hands with tongs. it's tough to do flipping. but what your saying sounds like a good thing to do.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    you can get marks on the prints from the tray bottom , especially if it has ribs; usually from a lack of liquid depth, and/or pushing the paper down and letting it stay there for a period of time.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You might want to clean your trays more often if you are getting silver in the bottom...
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin