Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,838   Online: 717

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you want WOW factor, Tmax 400 shot at half speed, developed in Rodinal 1+50. Forget stand development for anything but the most contrasty lighting conditions. Acros is another WOW film when exposed and developed properly. Lately I've been shooting Shanghai GP-3 film, I am adding it to my list of WOW films.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All thanks for your helpful comments, Gerald thanks especially for your comments re the stand technique, I'm fairly new to Rodinal so that was helpful. Whilst there is lots written about this developer, this does mean its a bit of a mine field for a new user. I've decided I will move to Acros 100 so a good starting technique for Rodinal would be helpful.

Thanks again

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Acros is well worth trying. It is my Go -To film in this speed range, and will withstand Rodinal very well. Its cost-effectiveness may well depend on where you buy it- but that should not be a prime factor.
    The Massive Developing Chart will provide you with some useful starting points, and its resistance to reciprocity failure is a big advantage. And,in my experience,the manufacturing quality is very good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use FP4+ and HC110 Dilution "H" with good results.
    Chris you don't give your location, but if it's Australia please pm me.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    chris,
    ... if you want more contrast+pop agitate a little bit ...
    it might take a roll or 2 or 3 to decide how much agitation you need
    for the amount of contrast you are looking for.
    a simple search here on apug using semi-stand as your search terms
    should help you with a starting point

have fun !

john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds as though everyone is stuck "in the box". Time to think "outside the box" film-wise.

My main films are any of the Rolleipan versions (each one fills a certain need). Also Efke 25, Foma 200, and the Efke IR820 looks amazing. Will be trying it out next.

There's more to life than Kodak, Ilford, and Acros. Especially that horrible T-Mud film they've been churning out since '82!
    If the lens doesn't read "ZEISS", then it just isn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin