Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,525   Online: 842

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kentmere Papers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm really keen to try the Fineprint F.G. Warmtone but am put off by the "semi-matt" finish. Has anyone experience of this - how "semi" is semi matt? I really like the luxurious gloss of MGFB warm tone - how does it compare ....? Not sure I'd like a matt finish

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's what anyone else would call Satin! Quite nice, varies slightly as to how it's dried.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Kentmere

Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    We are in the process of placing an order with Kentmere to carry their Fiber Based paper line. I would anticipate availability in about 60-90 days.
    Hope this will include the graded Bromide and Kentona John
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhi
    Me, too, but since I've already committed to Freestyel on this small order, I'll go thru them this once and w\switch over to JandC when they get it in.

Thanks.

-Mike
    I heard back from the nice lday at Freestyle. Here is what she said:

"I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you, but I have just
    received word that Luminos USA does not carry Bromide paper in sheets. I
    checked on their website and they do have it in a mural roll, which is
    described below:

BROMIDE MURAL R a medium weight textured white fibre base with a silver
    rich fast bromide emulsion. Used exclusively for murals it can be toned and
    handcolored. Available in contrast grades 2 and 3 with an ISO speed of 400,
    only in 51" X 100' rolls."

She ended up agreeing with me that I should go with JandC if they end up stocking it. I have e-mailed John to try to pin down exactly what they will be carrying. I believe he said they will stock Kentmere - is that the same stuff as the graded Luminos bromide paper?

-Mike

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Checked Kentmere web-site and it looks like the description of the Bromide Mural R is the same as the Kentmere Bromide, except Kentmere only lists Grade 2 available.

I hope JandC can set me straight.

-Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I 'phoned "South West Photomounts" a listed agent in Devon for Kentmere today to ask about getting some paper. They informed me that they do not carry stocks and that it would take months to build up an order worth getting some in. So I've now reserved the last box of Ilford I can find locally and sent Kentmere an Email informing them of their agent listing.

It's a shame as I tried some of their RC earlier this year and was impressed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    I 'phoned "South West Photomounts" a listed agent in Devon for Kentmere today to ask about getting some paper. They informed me that they do not carry stocks and that it would take months to build up an order worth getting some in. So I've now reserved the last box of Ilford I can find locally and sent Kentmere an Email informing them of their agent listing.

It's a shame as I tried some of their RC earlier this year and was impressed
    I'm browsing through the latest edition of Black & White and see that Retro Photographic are stocking Kentmere, so why not give Nigel Dear a ring (08452 262647) and place your order.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dave,

Many thanks for the info I'll add them to my supplier list and sort out an order

Tony

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    I'm really keen to try the Fineprint F.G. Warmtone but am put off by the "semi-matt" finish. Has anyone experience of this - how "semi" is semi matt? I really like the luxurious gloss of MGFB warm tone - how does it compare ....? Not sure I'd like a matt finish
    Leon - Ilford MGWT and Kentmere Warmtone do not compare at all in my experience. They give a very different tone to each other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whilst I'm here just how satin or matt is the Fineprint F.G. Warmtone when air dried?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin